Airbus A340-300 Air Belgium

The Air Belgium livery is another of my favourites.

Authentic Airliners offers the decal set for it,so I went for it.

In 2018 I saw one of those on approach to Rhodes airport and I knew I had to add this to my collection.

The paintjob is straight forward,all white fuselage,painted with Gunze white primer 1500.

The black stripe had to be painted,masks for it are provided with the decals.

The fit of the decals is a bit iffy,I guess they are designed for the AA resin kit,which showed some errors probably on the Revell kit.

So a few adjustments had to be done to get everything in place as good as possible.

The build of the kit went fairly well,just the usual conversions on the engines had to be done.

Thanks for looking

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 31

Superb!
I have a special liking for the A340.  Perhaps because I have not seen many. 🤔

The A340 just looks more impressive to me than the siblings, because of the four engines I suppose.

Your build is exceptional!  Congratulations!

👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi again Alex,

I'm still catching up on your latest builds and that's another beauty. I've never seen the Air Belgium livery on a model but it looks great on your A340.

Thanks again for sharing and it's good to see the cat!

Dave G

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mitchem said:

Another cracking build 👍👍

mike

Thank you very much Mike

4 hours ago, kapam said:

Superb!
I have a special liking for the A340.  Perhaps because I have not seen many. 🤔

The A340 just looks more impressive to me than the siblings, because of the four engines I suppose.

Your build is exceptional!  Congratulations!

👏👏

Thats right,I always liked the look of the A340 and its also a comfortable aircraft to travel.

4 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Hi again Alex,

I'm still catching up on your latest builds and that's another beauty. I've never seen the Air Belgium livery on a model but it looks great on your A340.

Thanks again for sharing and it's good to see the cat!

Dave G

Thank you very much Dave.

The cats are doing well.

When I saw the little one on the bed,I tried my best to incorporate her in the photos😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Another brilliant addition to your vast collection. I love this AB livery. It certainly leaps out at you when you see it. I would definitely like to do one of those. I will get a set of the Authentic Decals and I think that I have an AA A340 somewhere deep in the stash!

Forgive my ignorance, but what do ' just the usual conversion of the engines" actually involve. I haven't made any of the Revell A340's in my stash yet. Thinking about it a bit more, I haven't actually made an A340 kit yet!

I photographed them all over Asia, I particularly liked the aircraft in SQ livery. This is one I photographed at Sydney's Kingsford-Smith airport in 1997. https://www.asianaviationphotography.com/acatalog/copy_of_Airbus_A340_s.html

But I digress, well done!

Regards,

David Riley

11 hours ago, HKGBravo1 said:

Hi Alex,

Another brilliant addition to your vast collection. I love this AB livery. It certainly leaps out at you when you see it. I would definitely like to do one of those. I will get a set of the Authentic Decals and I think that I have an AA A340 somewhere deep in the stash!

Forgive my ignorance, but what do ' just the usual conversion of the engines" actually involve. I haven't made any of the Revell A340's in my stash yet. Thinking about it a bit more, I haven't actually made an A340 kit yet!

I photographed them all over Asia, I particularly liked the aircraft in SQ livery. This is one I photographed at Sydney's Kingsford-Smith airport in 1997. https://www.asianaviationphotography.com/acatalog/copy_of_Airbus_A340_s.html

But I digress, well done!

Regards,

David Riley

Thank you very much David.

My usual conversion refers to another A340 thread I made on BM at the same time.

It involves the correction/upgrading of the engines of the Revell kit.

- shortening the mounts of the inner engines by about 1mm ,so these engines will sit a bit higher and in about the same hight as the outer engines.

- adding the little fences on all 4 engines

With the AA kit,these corrections are of course not necessary.

Great picture of the SIA A340 by the way.

I always wanted to do an A340 in this livery but there seems to be no decal set available for it.

Alex