1:144 Pilot and Carrier Deck Crew Korea?

Johnson

Can anyone suggest a source for a 1:144 pilot (standing) and deck crew figures?

Needed for Korean War Sea Fury carrier deck diorama.

My searches have proved fruitless so far.

TIA

14 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Starling Models might list some 1/144 scale figures

Mostly smaller smaller scales IIRC Richard, but certainly worth taking a look. Trouble is, every time I visit the Starling Models website I see something I like and buy it!

Cheers,

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bootneck said:

RetroWings produce a very nice set of maintenance/ground crew in 1:144 scale.  The title says modern; however, at that scale they could be painted up for any postwar setting.

Thanks Mike, they look good and as you say, doesn't matter that they're modern. Not sure about the lady though... I don't think they were on HMS Ocean (or HMAS Sydney) in 1951!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 9:59 PM, Johnson said:

Mostly smaller smaller scales IIRC Richard, but certainly worth taking a look. Trouble is, every time I visit the Starling Models website I see something I like and buy it!

Hi Charlie

Would these chappies be suitable...?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Richard E said:

Would these chappies be suitable...?

rncarier144_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=165341631

I think they would be fine Richard, many thanks. I'd meant to look after you posted above, and Starling reopened their website, but forgot of course :rolleyes:.

Possibly a bit modern - I'm doing Korea era RN and RAN Sea Fury pilots and deckcrew which was more WW2 than jet-age apparel. But at 1/144 they look generic enough and I'm sure they will be fine if painted to look a bit like these chaps;

SeaFury-26b.jpg

Sea Fury aircrew making their way across Sydney’s Flight deck for the camera in Hobart in 1951.  From left to right: CO LCDR Jim Bowles, SBLT Fred Lane, SBLT Ian Macdonald and LCDR Fred Sherbourne.  Bowles, Lane and Macdonald were to go on to serve in Korea.

Cheers,

• Like 1