RCN Fairey Firefly.

Beazer

Ok so I’m decided on building a Mk. I Firefly.

I have three different kits and iirc I have the Grand Phoenix Resin set.

Now, for the fuselage do I go Trumpeter or do I stick with Special Hobby?

52184676390_39c1f2b7dd_b.jpg

• Like 6

Great to see a Firefly in the GB! I've got the AZ kit, obviously there are two newer kits that have come out since I bought that one (it's one of the oldest kits in my stash). I don't really know anything about the Special Hobby and Trumpeter kits - what are they like?

15 hours ago, zebra said:

Great to see a Firefly in the GB! I've got the AZ kit, obviously there are two newer kits that have come out since I bought that one (it's one of the oldest kits in my stash). I don't really know anything about the Special Hobby and Trumpeter kits - what are they like?

I’ve only got what previous builders experience is.  Trumps easier to build but flawed in many ways especially in accuracy.  The AZ/Grand Phoenix kits are limited run but they have the best resin sets.  Special Hobby sometimes is just …special.

Im leaning towards the Special Hobby kit and grafting all the AZ resin and better detailed Trumps parts.

Originally was planning on doing the RCN Grey scheme but I’m favouring the early camo instead.

• Like 2

Oooh fantastic! I’ll tag along with this if I may. I’m planning on building the Trumpeter one next. I’ll be fixing what I can but it doesn’t seem to be that bad.

Looking forward to what you choose. 

Johnny.