1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (mid), and (early) from Kotare

Kagemusha

So, there's a Va in the pipeline for next year and Richard A says there may be another Spitfire variant next year, in addition to the 'Not a Spitfire' kit. So what's this 'another Spitfire' going to be then? With a Va would that give you the cowls for a IIa to go with the Ia kit set? But what about a Ib ? I think a Vb is inevitable so Kotare have to produce a cannon wing which is why I wonder about a Ib first maybe? And PR Spitfires? There's a lot of life left in the 'short Merlin' kit set!

Hi,

I noticed that the Spitfire Mk I (early) is Kotare serial K32004. I wondered what the others were and the Brian Lane one is out of that sequence (it's K32601).

I looked at FB and saw that the Spitfire Mk Va is K32002 (planned release in 2024).

The "not a Spitfire" is K32009 (planned release late 2024).

K32001 is obviously the Spitfire Mk 1a (Mid).

We may wonder what K32003 and K32005-008 are. 

They may all be Spitfires since K32009 is famously "not a Spitfire". I'm hoping it'll be a Hurricane.

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

I noticed that the Spitfire Mk I (early) is Kotare serial K32004. I wondered what the others were and the Brian Lane one is out of that sequence (it's K32601).

I looked at FB and saw that the Spitfire Mk Va is K32002 (planned release in 2024).

The "not a Spitfire" is K32009 (planned release late 2024).

K32001 is obviously the Spitfire Mk 1a (Mid).

We may wonder what K32003 and K32005-008 are. 

They may all be Spitfires since K32009 is famously "not a Spitfire". I'm hoping it'll be a Hurricane.

Cheers, Stefan.

This was standard practice at Wingnut Stefan and you may find that it takes a long time for the gaps to be filled but they gradually will be!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter Roberts said:

Not to mention ASR, LR and Seafire III.

And a VI….

Then Vc to IXc is mainly a new nose, and we’re into a whole new realm! 

That’s True, plenty of life left in the original moulds. I’m not sure if they’ll do Merlin 60 Spits because Tamiya have done a pretty good job there - no PR.XI or Seafires yet mind you - so I’m thinking Griff Spits might be a good move, right to 24 and 47!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Ditto, would LOVE to see a BoB Hurricane Mk I with appropriate surface detail, warts (rivets) and all. :penguin:

The variety of options for such a kit will keep them going for almost as long as the Spitfire! 😉

• Like 1