1/72 Avro Manchester resin conversion

72modeler

On 8/8/2021 at 6:27 PM, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Neil,

Many thanks for your post! All your Manchesters are splendid! I've been reading your build threads - very inspiring stuff and I'll definitely be referring back to them when the time comes!

Thanks in particular for your assessment of the relative merits of the different options. It sounds like the Blackbird Models route is the best, and the overall cost looks to be about the same as a Paragon kit. So I'll hold out for one of Glenn's sets. I've left a message on his website.....

Thanks again and kind regards,

Mark

Thanks Mark. Glenn is quite active on Facebook too, I appreciate not everyone is on there.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:11 AM, 72modeler said:

@woody37,

Re your Manchester conversion builds- judging by the look of the models you posted, if your skills have progressed since then, as you stated, I would be both  afraid and depressed to see how good you are, now! I have always loved the look of the Manchester, and your builds are museum quality, as far as I'm concerned. I sure hope Blackbird reissues their Manchester conversion- wish I had snagged one when they were first available!

Mike

BTW- EM-R is drop-dead gorgeous!

Thanks Mike, I did some experimenting with the paint technique on EM-R to create an illusion of surface rippling (can't remember the correct word lol!).

Yes, the Blackbird one is definitely worth holding out for. There's a few things to watch out for, however. I had to modify the upper section of the main gear to fit within the nacelles. I took a 'slice' out of the middle between the legs and bent them in. As it's all inside the gear bay and black, it's fine and isn't as drastic as it sounds. I think I took a pic in the WIP build too.

Maybe he'll do a 1/48 set to fit to the HK Lanc, that would be heavenly!

Cheers

Neil

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, woody37 said:

Thanks Mark. Glenn is quite active on Facebook too, I appreciate not everyone is on there.

Hi Neil,

many thanks for the pointer - I am on Facebook (although I've not been on there for a couple of months), so I'll have a look for him there.

Cheers,

Mark

4 hours ago, woody37 said:

(can't remember the correct word lol!).

Oil canning? I've heard  that term used to to describe the stress wrinkling. Thanks for the heads-up on the undercart  modification- as I have saved your EM-R WIP,, I can refer back to what you did.

Mike

• Like 1