Scale75 Templar Sergeant in 75mm

Shin

Hi all, thought I would post up my first figure RFI. This is my second miniature painting attempt after completing my first, a 35mm resin chibi thing. Overall I've enjoyed the process and like the idea of being able to finish something in a few days instead of the weeks or months it takes me to build a jet or tank (though to be fair I started this figure months ago). This was my first historical subject purely due to scoping out eBay for a relatively cheap 75mm knight from one of the few figure companies I was familiar with at the time. The figure is from Scale75 and is made of white metal.

I know a lot of advice could be given as I'm new to this game, and would appreciate any guidance, critiques, or tips for improvements provided. Right off the bat I know there are some seam lines that I didn't fully remove and I could add more shading to the chainmail folds. I'm hoping improved gradients and faces/eyes will come with practice. This was airbrush primed using Mission Models black then white from top as a zenithal light, and then brush painted with Scale75 Scale Color and Vallejo Metal Colors. I used oil paint washes for the metal parts. 

Thank you for reading and your time! I honestly think the photos look better than the real thing hah, but here they are:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And a photo zoomed in to way closer than anyone should be looking from!

spacer.png

• Like 18

Nice!

The contrast between dark clothing and pale skin/red hair is striking. The hair turned out particularly well.

I just hope that the pole will not sag soon. I have/had a similar issue with a large figure with a pole cast in white metal. A copper rod would be a good substitute.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words all!

17 hours ago, Ron NL-S said:

The hair turned out particularly well.

I just hope that the pole will not sag soon. I have/had a similar issue with a large figure with a pole cast in white metal. A copper rod would be a good substitute.

Funny enough, the red hair was an accident, i was trying to go for a sandy blonde that box art was showing but this is what it turned out as, but it looked OK so I stuck with it. Thanks for the warning about the pole, I never even considered that. I did have to straighten it out of the box as it came a bit wobbly. Will keep that in mind for any future builds with spears!