Beardmore Inflexible

Admiral Puff

I've long held a fascination for this wonderful piece of weirdness, but there doesn't seem to be much information around about it. I've got the article that was in Aeroplane Monthly many years ago, and a couple of pictures from the interweb, but that seems to be it. it's certainly the sum total of my knowledge! Can anyone point me at anything else, please? A decent set of drawings would be especially useful - the AM article included a very small set of GAs, but the detail in them disappears as soon as they're blown up to any decent size.

• 2 months later...

Bit late with this, and no help really. I contacted the author (name escapes me at the moment) of the Beardmore Aviation book about drawings of another Beardmore product, He informed me that most of the Beardmore archives were destroyed in the Clydebank blitz. So if you build an Inflexible, whatever you glean (or 'extrapolate) from the existing published photos, nobody can refute your decisions!

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Might be worth chasing up the original German Rohrbach designs that it was based on: it was otherwise known as the Ro VI.   I don't think that it was a direct copy of any of them but there may be guidance to the way things were done.

I wonder how much of their stuff survived the bombing?