Aires F-4 Phantom Cockpit 1/48

Tato

Hello guys!

Has anyone tried putting the Aires cockpit in a Monogram F-4 Phantom (1/48)? I have the Revell of Germany boxing of the F-4C/D and was wondering if this can be possible. The molds are worn out so I need to replace them.

Thanks for the help! :worthy:

Regards,

Tato

Thank you Whiskey for your help! But I'm pretty sure this is the original Monogram mould. Maybe you got confused with the British version of the Phantom? This one, I'm 100% sure that is a rebox of the Hasegawa kit.

Regards,

Tato  

Edited by Tato

You're reading that Scalemates timeline wrong. Which is understandable, as it can be quite confusing. There's no grey line between the Hasegawa timeline and this kit. This kit is the Monogram kit reboxed, and for some reason it doesn't show that properly on the Scalemates timeline.

• Thanks 1

Ah ok. 

In that case, going back to the original question of the Aires cockpit, I have not read of one being used on the Monogram kit. At least not the resin. Photo etch pieces for other F-4s yes but not the Aires resin. I suppose it is entirely possible though as I have read build articles that used resin cockpits on the ESCI kits that were designed for the Hasegawa. 

Two other notes real quick. 1) Black Box made a resin cockpit for the R/M F-4C/D so if you can find one of those it'll do the trick and 2) if you try the Aires resin tub let us know how it turns out!

It should fit in, may require some sanding, or filing if the fuselage is smaller than the resin cockpit plugs. If the plugs are smaller it possibly might need shims to fit ? But i think in the end it should fit. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello guys!

Thanks a lot for your answers and help!

20 hours ago, whiskey said:

It's this kit correct?

105968-10571-pristine.jpg

If so then it is a Hasegawa rebox, according to scalemates at least.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04583-f-4-c-d-phantom-ii--105968

That's the kit I have. 

In fact I looked for the Black Box resin cockpit with no luck, so I finally end buying the Aires pit. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for the help!

Regards,

Tato

Edited by Tato
  • Like 1