The New 1/48th Revell Beaufighter TF.X,,...... FINISHED

tonyot

17 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Evening Tony Three Beaus😁

That’s a bit of a beast that is👍🏻 Another wonderful model from the hands of a master!

I’m scratching my head about the difference around the cockpit as it isn’t something I picked up from hours of Staring at Photos! Could you put it and the Tamiya one nose-to-nose so that I can eyeball the profiles of each?

Trevor

Cheers Trevor,.... I don`t know about master mate,..... just a lucky plodder!

Re the comparison,.....yes I`ll stick a photo on later showing it alongside a Tamiya Beau.

17 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Top notch work as always Tony.

Cheers Andy.

Edited by tonyot
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2018 at 7:14 PM, Max Headroom said:

Evening Tony Three Beaus😁

That’s a bit of a beast that is👍🏻 Another wonderful model from the hands of a master!

I’m scratching my head about the difference around the cockpit as it isn’t something I picked up from hours of Staring at Photos! Could you put it and the Tamiya one nose-to-nose so that I can eyeball the profiles of each?

Trevor

Hiya Trevor,

Here are some pics,...... first the Revell kit;

DSCF5000_NEW

And the Tamiya kit;

RAAF Beau 6

What do you think? OK,..I`ve converted the tail on the Tamiya Beau,..... but personally I think that the windscreen is too upright and the canopy too tall?

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 4

@tonyot!

I had to stare long and hard. What I see is that the side panel transparency for want of a better word is wider on the Revell version. It’s hard to make out but I think the vertical panel line is in the same place relative to the wing leading edge on both (Tamiya conforms to this unscientific eyeballing - I’ve just checked on mine). Is the height of that panel line the same on both? It’s impossible to say from here.

For reference, this is the best comparison shot I could find

31496394508_5fd4124a27_b.jpg

Is the Revell too ‘narrow’ or is the Tamiya too ‘short’? No idea! All I can say is that both look the business and I would be chuffed to have mine turn out anywhere near the level of yours.

Trevor

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

@tonyot!

I had to stare long and hard. What I see is that the side panel transparency for want of a better word is wider on the Revell version. It’s hard to make out but I think the vertical panel line is in the same place relative to the wing leading edge on both (Tamiya conforms to this unscientific eyeballing - I’ve just checked on mine). Is the height of that panel line the same on both? It’s impossible to say from here.

For reference, this is the best comparison shot I could find

31496394508_5fd4124a27_b.jpg

Is the Revell too ‘narrow’ or is the Tamiya too ‘short’? No idea! All I can say is that both look the business and I would be chuffed to have mine turn out anywhere near the level of yours.

Trevor

It looks to me like the Tamiya upper fuselage continues to rise upwards beyond the nav`s bubble towards the nose,..... causing the canopy to be higher,..... whereas the Revell kit and the real thing have a flat upper fuselage contour resulting in a lower canopy.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Nice job and great paintjob.

On most of my kits, I always think the landing gear in the weakest part of the kit, only to be proved wrong as it's fully dried. Granted, I only build fighters. I don't know if you feel the same about your model.

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1