House Rubbish ?

Hi all

After putting out some dustbin stuff this morning i looked in the recycle bin ,and the light bulb came on,I'll include some pics of the kinda stuff i found even a old t bag some drink lids various other rubbish old pegs you see what a mean .

so what to build from this pile of stuff i like ww2 mainly but this after some tea and thought will go one of many ways  may even find other items that stick out to me this will be updated once or twice a week once i decide on what it will be

thanks

todd8137

Edited by todd8137
can not add image ?

Stuff found around the house and items that would otherwise be binned are often good for scratch building. I seem to recall that tea leaves (well dried) can be used for foliage/leaf litter. Broken cork is good for rocks (apparently); various wires are useful for detailing cockpits/wheel wells etc. Although plastic package can be used, you may need to use different glue.

In order to show photos on this site you will need a photo host. The site is run on a very small budget (you may have noticed that there isn't any advertising) so can't afford a server big enough to store all the pictures that are uploaded. There are other reasons like security etc. All you need to know about posting photos is here (don't worry that it's 9 pages long, all you need is the first post on the first page):

I use 'Village photos' as a host, which is very very easy to use:

http://village.photos/

And this is a guide to using it:

Posting photo's on here may look complicated at first, but it it is much easer than it sounds.

Incidentally. Tea bags shouldn't be in the recycle bin.

• 4 weeks later...

A great source of materials is a fly-tip. (illegal rubbish dump) I found one used by builders and it was an excellent source of all kinds of wood, bricks and mortar (broken up for dust and rubble) plastic tubing, wire mesh, electrical wires etc, etc. But the star find was a 1M square of Astroturf which has proved itself excellent for rushes and reed beds. It can also be chopped up more finely for foliage or scatter.

Rearguards,

Badder

• 2 months later...