Tarangus JA37 Viggen (37412) 1/48

On 10/16/2017 at 4:02 PM, Paramedic said:

Unmasked her... And i think it looks alright. Pre-shade disappeared a little too much at places. The demarcation is motsly okay-ish, better at the front - on the port side. Starboard a bit more uneven but, I will mess it up more if i try to do anything about it.

The paint actually followed the tape at one place, possibly my rough ripping? Under the starboard canard-wing (3rd pic), by those position-lights.. It´ has already been fixed (and I will fix the starboard RWR!)

The nose-flaps took some punishment during the masking.. Might have to have a look at those too.

Kind of happy overall, it is still practice with new paints and techniques. I still think it can look half decent if I do not mess up too much, in the end..? :)

37735123581_c1b634da5a_c.jpg

37735130521_81ba3bd9e1_c.jpg

37477203070_5f051622b1_c.jpg

LOL - trying to figure out why it looks like the demarcation-line is so high under the canard-wing... The light? Probably. I think I have de-masked it so.. Whatever, it definetly goes much lower. (I had to double check on the model.:!:worry:)

37735143341_4941a8d897_c.jpg

Hi Paramedic great builds. What is your technique for the demarcation at the front? I am about to start a Gripen marathon and I now want to do a couple of Viggens after stumbling onto your work, very nice indeed. Love that grey too, I missed what exactly you used for it too please? Many Thanks 

• Like 1

Hi!

Thanks mate. :) I used those Slovakian (?) Mr. Paint, I think they are called? I´ll check the numbers for you..

For the grey fighter-Viggens you want Dark Grey (033M/MRP-221) and Grey (032M/mRP-220). For Gripens Panzer Grey (5431-17M/MRP-222) and Dove Grey (5431-14M/MRP-223). I made the demarcation line with Blu tac, can´t remember how big the sausages where.. ;) 4-5mm wide perhaps. I was happy with the result and suspect it was more luck than skill to be honest.. :D

Impressive build, Paramedic!

I really dig this version of the Viggen. That Eduard Limited Edition Draken kit has been in my mind for a long spell as well.

Say, is there a reason why you needn't get the Maestro landing gear legs for this one, as you did for your other Viggen build in the WIP section? Just curious. 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:12 AM, Paramedic said:

Work began by washing some parts along with the breakfast-wash! ;)

37405013565_d5425e106b_c.jpg

:analintruder: A very lucky chap, as my parts would have surely (and suddenly) vanished from the dry-dish rack completely had I left 'em there; you know how overbearing my sheila can get to be with those objects left out of place.

Cheers,

Unc2 

• Like 1

Yeah, there is no Miss here so.. ;)

Eh, I think I skimped on those legs since I did not have that many heavy AM-parts? Not sure it is really needed on the recce one either but since I have a pair this time I might as well use them.. ;)