'Anything Goes'

OK fellows. This is my latest acquisition. I had intended this little dio to be a IOF dio but decided to go for the 'different' approach, as always. Yep. For those who know me, it will not come to a surprise. As my middle name is exactly that. Anyways,this scene represents a Libyan resistance fighter firing Gaddafi's last loyal militant forces, some down the streets of Tripoli.
Anything Goes, is the name of this diorama. I got the idea of a pic someone had posted a long time ago. When I saw
it I knew I wanted to model it some way and somehow, my way.It just shows that anything is possible, although not very practical; it just shows that anything can be used to their advantage at any time when the need calls for it.
The longest and most strenuous part of this diorama was putting this figure together. First, I like the thank Bassam I. Mansour, for his suggest about using different body parts from different kits. One kit he suggested was, "Charlie on the left" from Master Box, Vietnam figure kit as a start. So thatäs what I did. The other kit I used was a body part(torso) taken from the Meng Hi lux kit, which included a one figure, if I remember right.I am no figure builder pro nor am I a figure painter pro.
So this was a project with lots of miss and hits. But I keep telling myself, that I will improve. Just needs more and lots more practice. But so far, I am happy with the results. I also noticed some areas on the figure that needs some touch-ups of paint and also some toning down. So, yes, I do notice it and it will be rectified.
So I hope you like the completed dio, aside from the figure not being up to standard.

Here is the pic that inspired me to build my version:

gun-ho_zpsxam03vev.jpg

----------------------------------------------

by_any_means_necessary23_zpsft9rv74c.jpg
by_any_means_necessary9_zpswygljz96.jpg
by_any_means_necessary8_zps77kdvdjo.jpg
by_any_means_necessary22_zpstz0khzzq.jpg
by_any_means_necessary16_zpscdpaa8tr.jpg
by_any_means_necessary15_zps5oqsks2g.jpg
by_any_means_necessary21_zps0bvtxakz.jpg
by_any_means_necessary19_zpsjlk8l430.jpg
by_any_means_necessary18_zpsh3b5n2et.jpg
by_any_means_necessary7_zps0sigv8ar.jpg
by_any_means_necessary5_zpsegp45irm.jpg
by_any_means_necessary4_zpsjuq0jgkw.jpg
by_any_means_necessary2_zpsclprb5sm.jpg
by_any_means_necessary14_zpsjjzh3gm5.jpg
by_any_means_necessary17_zpsx19gfy3n.jpg
by_any_means_necessary12_zpsgoqrzns4.jpg
by_any_means_necessary13_zpsqreeyt9g.jpg
Edited by tiking
  • Like 11

It is 1/35.

Cool. I wasn't sure. It's a great little scene. A simple idea, but with lovely details. your other works are stunning too.

Regards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

Thank you kindly badder. Just wish my figure building and painting were on the same par as the rest.

I have the same problem. Search the web for videos on figure-painting. Find a technique you like then practice practice practice!