Fw190 Diorama live background - little experiment here.

I've had an thought,....

Probably not the first person to think of this,.... but who knows, might inspire someone else to develop the idea.

Recently I've noticed a few diorama builds on this forum incorporate photograph backgrounds into their scenery.

One technique that really works well is to have a back wall/fence to the diorama that acts as a deliberate cut-off point between model scene and background. Beyond this point, some people have used photographs,... say like foliage and sky to create the illusion the scene continues.

I personally think this adds a new dimension to the models and adds to the realism.

But,.... finding a suitable photograph is unlikely with the correct colours and perspective.

So whilst messing around with photoshop I had my brain wave.

Place the model directly in front of the monitor screen and take the photo.

No ffafing around with printers,.. AND best of all - colours, brightness, contrast,... even perspective can be tweaked while the model is in place.

Here is a very quick effort by me.

Remember, the scene behind was an open "live" picture photoshopped and obviously manipulated.

Fw190_zpsxd4dpjlw.jpg

and heres the original model for comparison,....

DSC00044_zpsc9ne7gmd.jpg

• Like 6

Like this - it was something I saw first in model railways some years back. This guy - Buckjumper - did it really simply but it makes his models look stunning (they are anyway, but the diorama helps)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/27/entry-10381-ex-ger-j65-no8211/

Its just a simple ridge with a track section on top & a photo behind

Nice diorama! the backdrop helps give the photo atmosphere and increases the realism of the model. I also like the text on the border.

I tried the same thing a few years ago and got this with an Airfix 1:48 109 and after cloning out the stick it was mounted on I was pleased with it. Hope you don't mind me sharing them.

BofB109E043.jpg

BofB109E042.jpg

Regards,

Mark

• Like 1