1/48 Monogram Bf109G - +++DONE+++

Hi all

Build No.2 for me will be the Monogram G...box shot

006.jpg

Sprues and instruction sheet...

007.jpg

008.jpg

I will be built using an Eduard cockpit etch for the Revell G-10 and will be built as Rumanian AF a/c, probably White 5

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Ta for looking

Edited by AndyC

Agreed - the film sets are a pain in the a*se - so it's probably a G-10 - ho-hum for the 109 buffs, this may have to be a Whif - shows you how much I know about Luftwaffe subjects :banghead:

Hi Guys,

This kit is the Revell G10. It hase also been brought out as a K version.I have read somewhere that it is more a G10 than a K version.

Andy,

I don't think that you can make a G2 out of it. This would mean a lot of conversion work (wheel wells, tail, nose, etc.)

Cheers,

I don't think that you can make a G2 out of it. This would mean a lot of conversion work (wheel wells, tail, nose, etc.)

I know that mate - as I said earlier, I'm as far from a Luftwaffe expert as you can get - the kit cost me next to nothing and I liked the look of the decals. If anything this will have to be a What-If otherwise the kit will remain un-built which would be a shame.

I know that mate - as I said earlier, I'm as far from a Luftwaffe expert as you can get - the kit cost me next to nothing and I liked the look of the decals. If anything this will have to be a What-If otherwise the kit will remain un-built which would be a shame.

Go for it! :thumbsup: A G10 in Roemanian colours.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

The foul weather and two days at the bench have enabled me to move this little gem on. This is now a Whif Romanian G10...

Fuselage innards and etch were primed and then sprayed RLM 66

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

I was then able to start on micro-painting the etch and then to start gluing the bits together

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

Once I had the coolant radiator in place, I closed up the fuselage halves

005-2.jpg

Having already glued the wing halves together, I then attached these to the fuselage - she already looks like a 109!

006-3.jpg

The Erla hood has been masked and sprayed RLM 66 and set aside - this one will be 'canopy closed'.

I will start on the seams later today. Thanks for looking

Hi all

Filled and sanded the seams (and reinstated the spine one) and she was ready for paint. First the primer and then a final check

002-5.jpg

003-4.jpg

Techmod colour call-out asks for RLM76 Hellgrau (?) which I don't think is the right reference, I got confused as I thought 76 was Lichtblau although some research gave up that there was a so-called RLM76a which was Graublau. The 3-views show Light Grey which is more akin to RLM77 Lichtgrau. Bugger it, I thought and painted the underside Medium Sea Grey! Job done!

I then sprayed two thin coats of RLM74 Graugrun (which Techmod irritatingly calls Dunkelgrau!)

004-3.jpg

I then masked off and sprayed the RLM75 Grauviolett (which Techmod got right).- I have to say I was expecting it to be almost purple but it's just a dark grey with a hint of a purple hue.

007-3.jpg

I have knocked off the aerial loop (won't see that again - it's tiny) so I will have to try something else to replace it. Next job assuming there has been no masking disastares is to paint the RLM04 Gelb areas to nose, wing tips and fuselage band.

Thanks for looking

Another quick update as this one is also rattling along nicely too although not without a few cock-ups!

RLM04 Gelb was masked to cowling undersides, wingtip undersides and rear fuselage and sprayed. Even using flow improver the Xtracrylix just clogged up the brush, so it was thinned some more and then tried again with flow improver which improved it so much it came out like water :banghead: and consequently crept under all my masking! Sh*t

Waited a while and re-sprayed a 2nd coat without flow improver and that worked fine

003-5.jpg

I then had to mask up the undersides and re-spray and touch up the areas around the cowling. You can't see the join

004-4.jpg

Then on to some decals - the Techmod decals are nice and thin and need a little water to set and then a small amount of Set

007-4.jpg

Minor disaster followed as I picked the model up to dry fit the u/c legs as my finger touched on the starboard fuselage cross and lifted most of it. There are replacements fortunately so that remainder has had to be scraped off. I will replace and seal the decals before going any further!

I'm probably not going to bother with too many of the stencils - I'll place some of the more obvious ones and then get on with the weathering. A Flory wash has been applied before decals.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by AndyC

Looking good Andy, look forward to seeing the finished model,

Sean

Thanks Sean, I'm hoping it will be done by tomorrow night. Watch this space!