Eduard 1/48 Spitfire IX later this year! Feel the joy!

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

I know I'm swimming against an inexorable tide here, but...yawn(ish). Anyway, just wait until Gaston gets his opinions online about the fatal flaws like the incorrect angle of the windscreen slope, and 3 panel lines slightly out of place, lol

While I might get a Mk IX just to have one on my shelves I do think there are far more interesting planes that haven't yet been done that could be kitted, especially stuff from the 50's and 60's.

Tin hat on, ducking down now! :whistle:

I know I'm swimming against an inexorable tide here, but...yawn(ish). Anyway, just wait until Gaston gets his opinions online about the fatal flaws like the incorrect angle of the windscreen slope, and 3 panel lines slightly out of place, lol

While I might get a Mk IX just to have one on my shelves I do think there are far more interesting planes that haven't yet been done that could be kitted, especially stuff from the 50's and 60's.

Tin hat on, ducking down now! :whistle:

Gaston will just be added amusement.

Nah - its a fair point mate. I think its a catholic church with room for all. The Spitfire has had a fair bash from the manufacturers....

.....has he gone now?.....

WITCH!!!!!! burn him, burn him!!!!!

:)

Jonners Hopkins, Spitfinder Pursuivant

• Like 1

I know the feeling about Spitfires getting a lot of styrene focus while others linger in obscurity. In my own case, I've got a couple Occidental/Italeri Mk IX kits in my stash, I had a Hasegawa kit at one time and I currently also have a couple ICM kits and one of the Airfix ones. It would take a lot for me to shed those and go exclusively to Eduard for a Mk IX fix (or Tamiya, as I have a feeling they will rush a 1/48 Spit to market with Eduard doing one now). I would love to see that effort turned towards something else, but Eduard is Eduard and a Spit IX has some appeal to them since Czech fliers flew it in combat and a Spitfire is going to potentially still be a more desireable subject as far as sales go compared to something else. Considering SOME people don't think we have ever seen the best possible Spit IX done in 1/48 and tend to gripe about that apparent shortcoming quite a bit, it does at least show that there is still a demand for it.

Hmm.... Eduard 1/48 Spitfire...

Will it have a too fat tail like FW-190, and require a fistful of correction resin? 3,5mm excess length like Me-109E?

Or be engineered like the MiG-21, with some essential parts being PE only so you can't really buy the Weekend edition without buying an extra PE set??

Can't wait :evil_laugh:

Edited by dragonlanceHR

Hmm.... Eduard 1/48 Spitfire...

Will it have a too fat tail like FW-190, and require a fistful of correction resin? 3,5mm excess length like Me-109E?

Or be engineered like the MiG-21, with some essential parts being PE only so you can't really buy the Weekend edition without buying an extra PE set??

Can't wait :evil_laugh:

Who Knows!

But I bet it wont have an impossible to correct short fuselage; shoddy misformed detail parts & sink marks; coarse unrefined detailing and a rubbish propellor; missing gull wing; or a weird nose shape.

So that will make it the best so far! :)

Cheers

Jonners

I hope the worst is that they'll tell us is that they can't spot the difference between the normal and CB (aka Mk.XVI) top cowls and won't be botthered to make two of them :winkgrin:

I agree, a good 1/48 Mk.IX is way overdue, and Tamiya enjoys torturing us, so c'mon Eduard, give it your best shot!

Vedran

• Like 1

Who Knows!

But I bet it wont have an impossible to correct short fuselage; shoddy misformed detail parts & sink marks; coarse unrefined detailing and a rubbish propellor; missing gull wing; or a weird nose shape.

So that will make it the best so far! :)

Cheers

Jonners

You forgot overly thick wings. ;)

Gaston will just be added amusement.

Nah - its a fair point mate. I think its a catholic church with room for all. The Spitfire has had a fair bash from the manufacturers....

.....has he gone now?.....

WITCH!!!!!! burn him, burn him!!!!!

:)

Jonners Hopkins, Spitfinder Pursuivant

Then Gaston has to be readmitted to this forum if we want the joy of burning him!

Lemche

I think I was the target of the burning, not Gaston :weep:

It'll be a friendly burning though lad. We'll stretch sprue over yee!! :)

You have my support for more 50s and 60 s stuff too, but if the IX is a seller - then lets hope they might do an XIV/ XVIII/ XIX series - that would get you into the 50s at least.

I suppose Trumpeter will do an impression of a Swift at some point though.

Cheers

Jonners

• Like 1

It'll be a friendly burning though lad. We'll stretch sprue over yee!! :)

You have my support for more 50s and 60 s stuff too, but if the IX is a seller - then lets hope they might do an XIV/ XVIII/ XIX series - that would get you into the 50s at least.

I suppose Trumpeter will do an impression of a Swift at some point though.

Cheers

Jonners

Now your talking Jonners , never mind all these Spitfires , how about a 48th scale Swift.

Andrew