1/48 Eduard Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3, 6-123 3.J/88, 1938

Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3, 6-123 of the 3.J/88 flown by Hans Schmoller-Haldy in Spain 1938. A wonderful kit, I decided to add it to a base and sourced a couple of figures from Hecker & Goros.

I had a few problems with this one, all my own making the kit is superb. I tried to be clever on the bonnet and chose to only leave the front bit off which got me in a pickle and I forgot to add a couple of panels around the exhaust. I also had a bit of silvering which is creeping into my modelling all of a sudden! Oh and the aerial has pulled down a bit so I may re-do that at some point, rushed this one a little for a show.

Eduard Dual Combo Legion Condor

Extras: OOB

Paints: MRP RLM 65, 63, 02, white & black. Gunze RLM 04, 70

Figures from Hecker & Goros Spanish Civil War pilots

img_5673.jpg?w=748

img_5674.jpg?w=748

img_5675.jpg?w=748

img_5676.jpg?w=748

img_5677.jpg?w=748

img_5678.jpg?w=748

img_5679.jpg?w=748

img_5680.jpg?w=748

Edited by Epimedium
  • Like 21

I'm currently building the E1 version from Eduard and am having a lot of fun. If mine turns out as nicely I'll be pleased.

The Spanish J/88 colour scheme question still rumbles on I guess and I have favoured a light grey in the past but the RLM63 you have used looks superb on your kit.

Duncan B

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

I'm currently building the E1 version from Eduard and am having a lot of fun. If mine turns out as nicely I'll be pleased.

The Spanish J/88 colour scheme question still rumbles on I guess and I have favoured a light grey in the past but the RLM63 you have used looks superb on your kit.

Duncan B

Yes it is a mine field, although in doing some research I just can't see that they would have been the light grey (almost gull grey) so I'm very happy with the MRP rlm 63 but I don't think there will ever be a definitive answer!

:D

• Like 1