Airfix Shorts Tucano

Armadillos

Well i`m currently slowly butchering the Airfix Tucano and had a look around the internet for some cockpit pics and realised just how bare the kits cockpit is so i was wondering if there are any resin replacements available as i`ve a few of the mighty Tuc in my stash.

Had a look round Hannats etc and found nothing so i was guessing either there are no aftermarket replacements or any there were are currently out of production?

The Airfix Tucano originally came out well before the Aftermarket had grown to what we have now. At the time I guess most mfrs didn't see much of a market, and now that we've got all these aftermarket mfrs, they probably don't see a lot of interest in 1/72 trainers so that it would be profitable. That's just my guess...

Now, if Airfix were to do a 1/48 Tucano...

The Airfix Tucano originally came out well before the Aftermarket had grown to what we have now. At the time I guess most mfrs didn't see much of a market, and now that we've got all these aftermarket mfrs, they probably don't see a lot of interest in 1/72 trainers so that it would be profitable. That's just my guess...

Now, if Airfix were to do a 1/48 Tucano...

You could always get the alley cat 1/48 tucano if you wanted one now!

Selwyn

Yep the Tuc kit did appear before we had the huge and spoilt choice for aftermarket we have now but thats main reason for thinking surely there must be some aftermarket around because the kit has been release a number of times.

Anyway i`m building a Tuc and said kit is on offer at £2.49 on Airfix site and Xmas eve is approaching, hmmmm is this a sign?? :boom: