HMS Furious 1918 in 1/350 scale

For months I have a project looking to wake me interested enough to undertake it, and after a long search found nothing.
So I turned to one of those models that, either way, we always want to do. In my case is the HMS Furious in its second version, 1918.
My first full hull model "from scratch" at 1/520 (I chose this scale so no one could doubt that it was absolutely a model built from scratch) in this version, after a Type I "Waterline" to scale 1/350 in a diorama on the version and 1944.
I keep photos of the first, but not the second, which passed away when I moved, was very large and had him hung as a picture,
This time, due to the precarious means, I have only 1 mm plastic as the shop that sold in Alicante, Spain, that stuff does not matter anymore and I was 0'5 mm plastic enough, I decided to wear a helmet Heller HMS Hood at 1/400 with slight modifications and a new bow, is perfectly suited to my purpose.
hoodtransformationLines-1.jpg
Basically the changes made are:
One: Lowering the forecastle deck and shapes to suit the Furious.
Two: Add plastic sheet to increase and rounding "Bulges".
Three: Add the entire bow section from the frame # 60 from plans that appear on the book series "Profiles" "Warship No 23" "HMS Furious / Aircraft Carrier 1917-1948. Part 1: The First Eight Years "on pages 256-257 and fairings box on page 251.
As for the planes used, I must say that I printed to scale and work directly on them. From everything I've found in books and the Internet, about 7 or 8 planes, are the best although they contain some errors and omissions.
(See articles by Jim Baumann on resin model "Loose Cannon Productions" ModelWarships both. Com as Steel Navy. Com).
I, like J. Baumann, advise following more photos that we have plans in the construction and painting also gets it for its contradictions and flaws in all artwork found on the web
The model is evolving as I'm building it as always in these models, when I have a finished piece or the way I think ultimately, a new Internet search, I do get a photo that makes me redo something.
The last I've found, very good in detail and also to be nearly deck level, has revealed details hidden in all other photos I have, I owe to this page http://www.militarian.com / threads/hms-furious-1917.6483 / # post-40539
Where does this photo
HMSFURIOUS-18-1916-1948.jpg
Approaching her in the aft part of the hangar I discovered what I believe, are openings in the hull and a second door in the hangar in the forward wall.
Here I put an extension:
Openings.jpgSo I ask for help to anyone who has information and I can clarify if I have reason or not. To me the impression I get is that if they are opening and a second door in the hangar.
Suggestions?
P2190004.jpg
P2190001.jpgThank You.

Great subject for a model, always think these battlecruisers/aircraft carriers have been a bit neglected. Good luck to you with this one, will watch with interest. Not very clear about the openings from this photo, the forward 2 do look like watertight door openings.... must be a better pic somewhere?

Found a line drawing at

http://z11.invisionfree.com/shipbucket/ar/t901.htm

not sure on accuracy but can see one WT door

Hi Julio, you have probably already tried this, but have you seen all the pics for HMS Furious listed on google images? There are a lot of pics there. Jockster.

As with Callum, none of my books have anything that would help.

Edited by Jockster

Julio, it looks to me as though the openings are the spaces created by building the deck and frame over the original aft superstructures rather than doors. I'm not familiar enough with the ship to say for certain tho, any ideas anyone?

comparativa1917-1918.jpg

On the plan of 1918, I profiling superstructures and then I overlaid the 1917 plan. So you can see that the holes correspond to the difference between indoor and but I guess in 1918, equaled the width of the two superstructures, this and the hangar.
Any idea?