Seafire XVII

Slightly different one to the obvious varieties but enjoyed building it so much I've bought another (intended for the low demarcation EDSG scheme if such a thing existed). No aftermarket extras-straight out of the box

Some great features and novel solutions with this kit:-

-seat/frame interface

-cannon fit

-tailplane arrangement are all new to me

-aileron arrangement and fit is a lesson to ICM

Absolutely no filler was used in this production.

Paint all Tamiya mixes with Mr Colour thinners.

I did slim the rear fuselage down a tadge but otherwise 'looks like a Seafire to me'.

Tailhook snapped whilst taking photos and canopy not glued in place yet so a little bit of work left. Would have liked to open flap indicators but not brave enough. Intend to pose on a section of carrier deck in 'landing on' mode.

Popped in a comparison with ICM Mk VIII-

Well done Airfix-one to be proud of :)

Hope you like.

best

Groucho

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice chap.Interesting cobination of markings and scheme. But the pilot had better have enough money to pay his fine for having his flaps down while possibly taxiing!!! :winkgrin: Or has he just landed?

By the way, opening the flap indicators is not too scary as I did this to my SpitXII. I made new ones from plastic strip and mechanisms from odd bits of etch, not accurately but looks 'busy' enough. See my post 'Spit XII in bits' in RFI.

Edited by Paul J

Paul J

Very nice chap.Interesting combination of markings and scheme. But the pilot had better have enough money to pay his fine for having his flaps down while possibly taxiing!!! Or has he just landed?

Hi Paul-intended for a 'catching the wire' vignette. I'm sure the pilot will happily pay the fine if he avoids the catch fence. Trouble is I need to find a more robust stinger as both my examples have now snapped-not designed to take the tail weight obviously.

Thanks for advice re flap indicators-next time, if I decide flaps down, I will cut them out before cementing the wing halves.

Vulcanicity

Very nice build. What's the significance of the white tail?

Thanks for comments V. Should have mentioned decals are from Aeromaster Griffon Seafires sheet-Doh.

The sheet states "767 Squadron Deck Landing Control Officer Training Unit RNAS Yeovilton 1950. The post-war Red, White and Blue fuselage roundel has been applied but SX156 still retains it's war-time(sic) wing roundels. The shore base identification codes have been over-painted with an all white tail".

HTH

best

Groucho

Nice Groucho,a good take on it,correct wheels et al.

I like it.

If you're going to do another one in the low demarcation EDSG scheme(yes,it was applied to XVII's)

and use the kit's decals to do SX358,you need to fit the three spoke wheels and fabricate the

over wheel well bulges.

SX358 had 'em fitted whilst with 800 Sqn.

Mark