Interflug-Concorde (finished)

Micha

For some sentimental reasons I'd try to build an Interflug-Concorde.

Interflug has been the state airline of the former GDR (better known as East Germany) and was liquidated after the wall fall by the former West-German government to eliminate a huge and established rival of the Lufthansa on eastern routes.

But what if the Interflug would still exist?

From now on I wanna try to build some large airplanes in the colors of the Interflug.

I'll begin with the Concorde ... 'cos I love to do things in a big way :D;)

I guess, it will be followed by the Boeing 747 and the Airbus A380.

thumb_IF-Concorde~0.jpg

thumb_karton_concorde.jpg

Can I be part of the WHAT _IF_ GROUP? :D

(especially because IF is the acronym of Interflug) ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This build is finished:

Here she is ... the INTERFLUG CONCORDE ... D-AQCA

thumb_ifc_7~0.jpg

thumb_ifc_1.jpg

thumb_ifc_2.jpg

thumb_ifc_3.jpg

thumb_ifc_4.jpg

thumb_ifc_5.jpg

thumb_ifc_6.jpg

reference of the colour scheme:

Airbus A310 - Interflug - 1991 after Germany's reunification

Edited by Micha

You certainly can, we start building on 31st July, welcome aboard!

Hi Dan!

um ... you know, I'm the noob here ;):D

Do I have to start on 31st Juli or is it possible if I already glued the torso and both wings? I made this today :(

But if you say, I gotta stop it right now, then I'll obey immediately! I swear an oath! :captain:

thumb_02_verband.jpg

From tomorrow on I'm on vacation on the german island Ruegen at the Baltic sea for a few days. And I can't really start before I don't get the Interflug decals. I gotta try some ink-jet printers first for the decals. My own printer is a Black-White LaserJet and unsuitable for the red airline logos.

And there's another question ... do I also gotta show every status of the jet? I don't have any problem with that ... I also load all new photos on my own gallery. But I guess, all of you are Pro's and do already know how to build a Concorde ;) ;D

Great idea

And I thought, I'd be nuts ;)

Edited by Micha

Micha,

You are not meant to start before 31st, but we do allow models that are up to 25% started, so if you leave at at that for a but then start again on 31st that'll be fine.

Also - I don't think you'll find many people who claim to be "Pro's" - certainly doesn't describe me!

Dan

ok. I'll start again on 31st. I'll prove it by a news paper of the 31st in front of the Concorde kit.

.oO(did not buy a real news paper for a long time) :shrug: ... that's what the Internet was made for ;)

that's no problem for me.

If I wanna start another Airliner, do I have to open a new thread for it or can I put it in here?

I think about the B747 and the A380. Such an airplane needs a bit of time to dry. In this time I'll make some other work on other aircrafts. And because the B747 and the A380 will also get those fictive INTERFLUG signs, I could show them here, too. I'll print the decals for all these planes in the same run, I guess.

Edited by Micha

Micha,

The more builds the better, but if you could do a new thread for each plane that would be great, and then when you have finished add a maximum of 5 pictures to the "Completed Builds" thread, (which is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=52587) - You can have as many pictures as you wnat in your own threads of course!

Thanks,

Dan

Nice idea! I like aircraft from the East German Airforce and airlines, its a shame they all had to go when Germany reunited :( Still think the Luftwaffe should have kept the MiG 29's flying longer...

Makes me wish I still had my Plasticart Il 62 / Tu 134

Ill be watching the progress on this one too

Edited by NAKAJIMA15

started now ... as I stopped it a few days ago.

thumb_start_concorde_31.jpg

If you wanna see some more and larger photos of that Concorde, just click on the picture above.

Edited by Micha

Micha, have you got started back on this yet?

Dan

yes, I painted the engines.

Today I had my first try in air brushing ... my Dad has made me the Revell Air Brush Starter Set as a gift and it ended in real "foobar" :(

Luckily, I didn't try it at my WHAT IF jets but at my newest kit ... the Boeing 737-800 "Haribo GoldbAIR". At the end I wiped the blue from the plane and painted with a brush.

It took me a couple of builds to get the airbrush - use an old model and keep painting it over and over to get the technique!

my Dad told me the same :D

well ... I will train it in the next days again.

Dads know best!

not always ;)

my next photos:

What is Thomas Hitzelsberger doing on my INTERFLUG Concorde?

thumb_concorde_kanzel_aufkleber_1.JPG

He's doing a great job as a window frame ;)

thumb_concorde_kanzel_aufkleber_2.JPG

Fixed by transparent varnish

thumb_concorde_kanzel_aufkleber_3.JPG

Making the front landing gear a bit shorter...

thumb_bugrad_kuerzen_1.JPG

and stick it together again

thumb_bugrad_kuerzen_2.JPG

Edited by Micha

It took me a couple of builds to get the airbrush - use an old model and keep painting it over and over to get the technique!

hi Dan!

Now I know what went wrong on my Air Brush Set! It's got a technical malfunction <_<

My Dad has given me his own set and this has worked just great :thumbsup:

I painted my Concorde AND the A380 simultaneously and now there are in a nice and shiny white.

Tomorrow I'll call Revell to ask them how to shift my set.

Nice progress so far, Micha! The Concorde sure looks a hugely advanced aircraft for its time, even now really

I like the model behind the Concorde in your latest progress picture too, looks great in Interflug markings. I think that was the one I used to have

I like the model behind the Concorde in your latest progress picture too, looks great in Interflug markings. I think that was the one I used to have

That's an IL-62. I used the sign DM-SEA because that plane has crashed in 1972 near my hometown.

More informations and more pictures you can find on this thread.