Valego Air Paint

bob the lanc lover

sorry to seem ignorant chaps but my local model shop says that valego air paint is airbrush ready and does not need thinning but the pamphlet i got from the store says it does my question is who is right and what thinner works also what thins tamiya paint for spraying please thanks bob.

I find some of the Valjero Air sprays straight out of the bottle, some needs thinning a bit.

Best thinning results I've had so far, after advice from members here, is distilled water for both Valjero and Tamiya, with a dash of the proper thinners (Valjero thinners for Valjero, Tamiya X-20A thinner for Tamiya).

Try Vallejo air brush cleaner. Great for thinning Tamiya and Vallejo. No good for Xtracrylics though.

W

Interesting, :hmmm: it has worked fine for me with Xtracrylix in the past, although I have now obtained some proper Xtracrylix thinners instead.

Some Vallejo Model Airs need thinning and some don't as has been pointed out, I usually judge it purely on how thick/thin it is when it comes out of the bottle and what pressure I intend to spray it at (thicker works ok at higher pressure). The Vallejo thinner works well with it if extra thinning is required, although the company website suggests a 3:1 paint/thinner mix ratio. Have a read of this for more info - http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/asp-inc/_m...;p2=modelairuso

Cheers

Mark