P-51K PTO black stripes

Zigomar

Hello Gents. I am on my way to paint those black stripes but Eduard does not give any dimensions. Does anyone knows the width of those bands and the interval between as well? TIA and have a good day.

Les bandes d'identification pour le debarquement en Normandie avaient une taille de 46 centimetres l'une.Pour celles de la guerre du pacific je ne sais pas.

Saluti

Giampiero

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri

Merci Giampiero mais ce sont celles du Pacifique dont j'ai besoin! Ciao Bello.

21 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Hello Gents. I am on my way to paint those black stripes but Eduard does not give any dimensions. Does anyone knows the width of those bands and the interval between as well? TIA and have a good day.

You have not said which aircraft and timeframe you are modelling so I can only generalise and say that I don't think there was necessarily perfect standardisation. This thread might possibly help a bit https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235009534-mrs-bonnie-p-51k/

Thanks a lot but I did use the National insignia dimensions to calculate the black stripes width. The plane is painted by now, it is an K-10 from the 348th at Ie-Shima in July 45,"Sunshine"