B-25C-5-NA finger type exhausts

vppelt68

Instead of opening a new thread, I edited the existing one. I found an appropriate OD over NG plane and a set of decals for it from Kits-world, but: It's one of the very rare C-5-NA models to reach combat with the finger type exhaust system instead of the previous single stack or the later Clayton S. According to this picture below, I don't think it would be too difficult to modify the 1:72 scale Airfix kit. It would help a lot, to know how many there was of them and how they were located. Anyobody able to help me with this, please?

V-P

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/b-25-mitchell/b-25-mitchell-42-53451-12af-over-italy/#google_vignette

A second try at correct forum section!

This story takes back a few years, when I built a decent model of the Airfix kit, except I have been sorry for my choice for the Desert Pink paint ever since 

Now the recent boxing with decals for the "Oh-7" are on the way to me and I can have another try with the pink/tan scheme. Yippee!

But the old build could be just partially repainted, as the Neutral Gray lower surfaces and all the stencils are good. I'd prefer a scheme where the upper surface would be Olive Drab only. The Xtradecal B-25 sheet has options for the tan/green planes, but I want a single colour if possible. The old Osprey B-25:s in the MTO doesn't help, at least with the profiles. Does anybody know an easy fix for my problem?

The repaint should be technically doable, I'll need a new mask set and remove some control surfaces temporarily.

V-P

Why does it have to be MTO? PTO would give you a ton of options for OD over NG. Why don't you just reshoot the pink? I know this doesn't answer your question but I'm kind of curious and maybe these might be options for you.

Best of luck with your project 

Ron 

• Like 1

I haven't done anything PTO so far. MTO on the other hand is one of my main interests. If I go through the trouble of repainting a once completed kit, I might as well do it with a colour positively different enough!

And after all, it's just small bits of plastic. I've had my pleasure in building the kit once, this might all be a bonus 😀 

V-P

• Like 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to B-25C-5-NA finger type exhausts

Not so rare.  Here is a discussion with diagram from the IPC.  Whatever may have been the problems with these early finger type exhaust stacks, they were solved as this style of exhaust was standard on the A-26 Invader.  Hopefully some one will offer these exhausts in 1/72 and 1/48. 

Don

• Thanks 1