Aoshima 1/72 Brewster Buffalo

Hello everyone!

My first post on the site is the little Brewster Buffalo from Aoshima in the RAF temperate land scheme. I believe this kit is from sometime in the '70s, and I purchased it for around $5 from an antiques store. I built this the summer before last, so it's neither my earliest nor most recent build but as good a build as any to start with.

The plastic felt very thin and flimsy from what I remember in building this, but I think the end result came out decently.

I like to build models out of the box without any aftermarket details. This can lead to additional challenges in fitting pieces (or in worst case scenarios, low quality decals that disintegrate on contact), but I don't recall any major problems with this one. This was also before I started adding any weathering details to my models--it's only quite recently that I've begun to attempt this.

This was painted with AK Real Colors' line of paints for the camo and Tamiya acrylics for the smaller details.

Anyways, here are a few pictures. Again, this was from some time ago now so I wasn't taking as much care in getting multiple angles or setting up the shot as I have been recently (notice the rear wheel falling into the crack between planks on the table in the last photo...).

More to come soon (and I may dig out some very early builds to show where I started). Any suggestions for improvement or feedback is welcome.

embed?resid=B02D4D54B5DE851F!16514&authkembed?resid=B02D4D54B5DE851F!16513&authkembed?resid=B02D4D54B5DE851F!16511&authk

Edited by CheapTricked
  • Like 24

Looks great! The scheme is quite attractive and you've done a nice job of it.  I think I have the same kit but marketed under the name Entex - I built mine as a Dutch one.

Always nice to see another Canuk here on the pages - are you going to Heritagecon?

Cheers - Rob

25 minutes ago, RET said:

Looks great! The scheme is quite attractive and you've done a nice job of it.  I think I have the same kit but marketed under the name Entex - I built mine as a Dutch one.

Always nice to see another Canuk here on the pages - are you going to Heritagecon?

Cheers - Rob

Thank you!

I've been thinking about attending. I've never been before and only recently saw that it was coming up.

Stan