Special Hobby Douglas A-20G Havoc "Little Joe"

JTninja

2 years ago I got to spend a few hours at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, a destination I had been long hoping to visit. Due to the limited time, I did have to rush a bit through the massive collection, spread across 5 large hangars. I had a list of aircraft I wanted to concentrate on photographing for future builds, but when transitioning over to Box Car, I couldn't help but notice a Douglas A-20 tucked to the side. While not my favorite plane, I enjoyed playing this aircraft in the video game War Thunder. I made sure to take a few pictures, and made note to look into building a model of it. Turns out Special Hobby just put out a gunship version, and Tally Ho! offered a set of decals available, so I just had to make one myself.

NMUSAF has some decent pictures available, and Im sure I can get more if I contact the museum.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/196256/douglas-a-20g-havoc/

The build will mostly be out of the box, though I may need to make modifications to match the museum aircraft. 

9YrYLMI.jpg

3Ie2DwR.jpeg

DHpRhD9.jpeg

• Like 13