CONDEC K-Loader drawings with dimensions

TheyJammedKenny!

Dear Colleagues:

Can anyone point me to a source for CONDEC K-loader drawings with dimensions?  I suppose I could reach out to a GSE leasing company, but any other suggestions would be most welcome.  This is on behalf of someone who has offered to create models in 1/144 and 1/72.  Thanks!

Alex

A GSE leasing company would not have the rights to give out such information about a proprietary product from a 3rd party protected by intellectual property law.  The manufacturer would be the place to go.  But they may want some sort of licence fee, as seems to be increasingly common.  We forget that making a miniature copy of a subject is still a technical breach of the intellectual property in the original.  And a licence fee for using that for commercial purposes like making and selling models would be appropriate.

Making your own drawings from personal measurement, observation and photographs is a different situation.  Maybe one of the GSE operators might allow you access for that.  But using the trade name of the product for commercial purposes might still be problematic.  Hence why we see so many models with generic unbranded product names.

• Thanks 1

Thanks!  I love the entertaining way they wrote this article.  It's an excellent photo, by the way.  Looks like the CONDEC is only about 9' wide.  Judging from the SWB Rover, it looks to be 2.5 SWB Rovers in length.  The wheels are basically normal truck diameter, single bogies.   But oh!  The complicated scissor mechanism!  Where was the drive train on these things?  Up front?