200 years of railways 1825-2025 Confirmed for 2025, dates under discussion

Mjwomack

Okay then...  quick poll.

Do people want the GB to start on 27 Sep 2025 and finish on 18 Jan 2026?   If so, react with "confused" to this post. 

The other option is to start on 6 June 2025 and finish on 27 Sep 2025.  If this is your preference, react with "sad" to this post.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Okay then...  quick poll.

Do people want the GB to start on 27 Sep 2025 and finish on 18 Jan 2026?   If so, react with "confused" to this post. 

The other option is to start on 6 June 2025 and finish on 27 Sep 2025.  If this is your preference, react with "sad" to this post.

And this is exactly why you wear the cheese as well as running the GB commune! I was going to give your post a like but realised that might completely mess your cunning plan.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mjwomack said:

And this is exactly why you wear the cheese as well as running the GB commune! I was going to give your post a like but realised that might completely mess your cunning plan.

Not at all.  That's why I chose sad and confused.  It's semi-autobiographical.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

Time to turn the puppy pleading eyes towards him.

Not gonna work.   You know that film, A Dog's Purpose?   I didn't cry. 

• Haha 1

I'm giving a lot of thought as to what I should build for this GB.  After all, there's not really much scope, is there?!?!?  :fool: 

I'm currently building the Gresley A4 Mallard in the Golden Age of Transport GB.  This is being built from bits and pieces taken from the spares and scrap boxes.  It's going quite swimmingly.  :) 

For this GB I'm considering another Gresley pacific design, again built from bits and pieces.  Obviously it will be an A1 or A3.  But...   I will be avoiding TLTSNBN.  @Mjwomack will be pleased.  :)

Instead, I think it should be the first A1, Great Northern.   And to make things more interesting it should be in GNR livery.  That means chassis and frames painted in red brown and an original tender with coal rails.

:bounce: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:17 AM, Jb65rams said:

I know the start is still some way off, the postie delivered these two.

2025 Groupbuilds

I like these - A LOT!

And not just because of the whole cuteness of the little shunter. In conventional model railways, the closest would be 1/32 or Gauge 1,  but with the crossover into military modelling and static models, 1/35 opens up all manner of models (though they all seem to be German) and a load of civilian figures etc. for vignettes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

I like these - A LOT!

And not just because pdf the whole cuteness of the little shunter. In conventional model railways, the closest would be 1/32 or Gauge 1,  but with the crossover into military modelling and static models, 1/35 opens up all manner of models (though they all seem to be German) and a load of civilian figures etc. for vignettes.

You can get a few  Russian wagons too (I've got a 1/35 kind of  "vanfit" equivalent ) though many of these are punted as German capture and re-use no doubt. Doesn't seem to be many/any other locos apart from the Bosche ones unfortunately. 

• Like 1