Newbie gonna need some help!

billn53

I finally pulled the trigger, and today the UPS guy delivered this to my door:

52990136721_2c4fafa4b9_b.jpg

Now, I know next to nothing about 3D printers, and even less about Fusion360. But, I’m committed now (in more ways than one) and will be looking for advice from fellow BM’ers as I learn some new skills!

- Bill

• Like 4

Hi Bill, welcome to the exciting world of 3D printing!

I started as a total 3D printing newbie and found it fairly easy to pickup - once I'd got past the frustration phase of lots of failed prints.

In terms of learning CAD, it's challenging to become proficient and takes a lot of practice. Despite doing a degree in design engineering, then becoming a CAD engineer, I mainly self-taught by watching youtube videos (no idea why, but there are loads of Indian content creators on youtube who have produced loads of free tutorials)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuJzX-jo88&list=PL0fZjEQc8oaMEkOGcNvueT8lAZvcoKuie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, @wellsprop ! I’m heading off for a week long business trip in a couple days and haven’t yet unpacked my Mars. That I’ll do when I get back, and begin going through the online Fusion tutorials 

I’m finishing off a aircraft conversion project and there were lots of places along the way that 3D printing would have helped immensely! That, and @Serkan Sen ‘s encouragement were the deciding factors for me to invest time & money on this new learning adventure. 
Bill

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the unlimited creativity of the 3d printing world. I am quite sure that you will start to print your own models soon!..

To encourage you here are some pictures to show what you can do with your Mars3.

Serkan

3424.jpg

3441.jpg

3476.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1