Jet Airways Boeing 737-800

I've made Revell's 737 in the beautiful Jet Airways livery. 

I used the Revell 04202 kit. It went together fairly easily and the parts fitted together well, despite the landing gear being a little fiddly. 

I have used 26 Decals for this model, and they were good quality and could be applied very easily, with few issues. However I did have one major problem: I painted the tail blue so that if the decal didn't fit properly, so it wouldn't show any white gaps, but I found that once I had applied the tail decal, that the blue paint was showing through and altering the overall colour.

To fix this In had to take the decal off and paint over the blue, I had previously painted, and turn the tail white again. After I had done this and let the decal dry on its backing paper I was able to reuse the same decal and make the tail look like its supposed to.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This was the only problem I encountered while making the model.

The rest of the decals went on fine and I was able to use up some old decals to make the reg the same as the aircraft I flew on back in 2017, which makes this model much more special.

After varnishing it with Revell 36101, the model was finished and I'm very happy with the results. 

Thanks, Daniel.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

14 hours ago, GRIM REAPER said:

Very nice! And great save on the tail decals!

I was very lucky, by being able to re-use the tail decal as you can no longer buy Jet Airways decals. I found it really hard to source these ones and ended up purchasing the last ones in stock.

Hi Daniel,  congratulations for finishing a nice model despite the decal issue.

26 Decals produces both traditional screen printed sheets and laser printed ones. The latter have translucent inks,  especially for light colors,  and this may be the reason for the unexpected result you got on first attempt. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Whirly said:

Hi Daniel,  congratulations for finishing a nice model despite the decal issue.

26 Decals produces both traditional screen printed sheets and laser printed ones. The latter have translucent inks,  especially for light colors,  and this may be the reason for the unexpected result you got on first attempt. 

Oh okay, that's a helpful explanation. 

Thanks.