DH5 anyone?

Morning all.

Managed to wrap up this build which has been on the bench since early December!

There's a full thread of what's been going on here-

For those who've not been following it started life as the 'new' KP 1/72 kit, but had a lot of changes made during construction and various bits of metalwork and etched brass details added (struts are made from soldered brass for example)

Cheers

Paul

87fRhER_AcJjm7DaqhfpPThyblqhCx6WYjGGKlBCYv--pJf4ryy8rep-R9rbHliWAuLqUSmTUGzRRiuEaCCDJ5_NeHhGm0ZZVfukmO9mf7BZFK9pTMFNBepxvDNIUOTF4MJX2Jq0GICMTxUJYRJOPI3k55RRPLYN_YeQKQ5dNMIgcx3qNILjgnZ1s5if1U75Q7NaXLED

• Like 29

12 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

Brilliant work on your DH5 - excellent rigging too

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave - appreciate it 👍

(I preferred the sabre myself, but fenced with all three weapons back in the day . . . .) 😁

1 hour ago, Dave Slowbuild said:

Having commented on the RFI earlier, I’ve just gone and read through your WIP, absolutely fantastic work!  Love the jig, I’ll be trying that myself on my next biplane!

It worked pretty well Dave and was quick to make. (I made this one the wrong way round for a backward stagger model, but I've since made one the same way for a 'normal stagger' bipe also on the bench and it's worked fine)😉

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:35 PM, DaddyO said:

Thanks Dave - appreciate it 👍

(I preferred the sabre myself, but fenced with all three weapons back in the day . . . .) 😁

I like sabre but I'm really a confirmed Epeeist - hence my forum name!!

• Like 1

Super work, it looks great on its base. The hand held shot really shows the quality of the details and rigging on what is a pretty tiny model! 

Richie

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Super work, it looks great on its base. The hand held shot really shows the quality of the details and rigging on what is a pretty tiny model! 

Richie

Cheers Ritchie 🙂

One thing I'd definitely do differently is leave a bigger gap between the paired flying wires next time (they were a right PITA to do and you can't tell unless I poke something in between them) 🙄 Ah well. Just started another PC10 coloured machine so obviously this one didn't put me off . . . .

Paul

Edited by DaddyO
spelling error
  • Like 1