Trumpeter`s 1/72 Su-27 nose cone - anything wrong with it?

Fin

I have Trumpeter`s Su-27 Flanker B kit (01660):

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Russian-Su-27-Flanker-B-Fighter.html

and I`ve noticed that Quickboost offers a "Correct Nose" for the Trumpeter Su-27:

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Su-27-Flanker-B-Correct-Nose-Trumpeter-2846444.html

It`s not exactly cheap for what it is, I can`t figure out on my own what it actually corrects and I haven`t seen it mentioned for any actual build online. In fact, the only place where I know it is discussed is right here on BM:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234929243-su-27-flanker-b-correct-nose-for-trumpeter-kit-172-quickboost/

and there`s no conclusion there (apart from the "review" probably amounting to a "preview"). It may actually appear from there that the aftermarket preceeded the release of the actual kit.

Could anyone please tell me to what extent this aftermarket is actually necessary for a correct Flanker?

Well, that is compelling. Thank you! If the 1/72 kit shares the research than it’s probably the same thing that Quickboost adresses. Can’t say I notice it just by looking at the model though.

21 minutes ago, drake122 said:

The wheel wells are also completely wrong angled on the Trumpeter kits. You see it once, you can't unsee anymore. 🤣

Erm, no! Quickboost makes no correction for those.

Ok, I’ll go look at the kit and pictures to see if I notice it and if it bothers me, but the amount of work, resin and money this is getting to need is a bit depressing.

By the way, if I’m not mistaking, the fin intakes are the same size in the kit, but should be different on the real thing.

10 minutes ago, Fin said:

Erm, no! Quickboost makes no correction for those.

Ok, I’ll go look at the kit and pictures to see if I notice it and if it bothers me, but the amount of work, resin and money this is getting to need is a bit depressing.

By the way, if I’m not mistaking, the fin intakes are the same size in the kit, but should be different on the real thing.

Yes,  the fin intakes should not be symmetric. Also, the blow in doors below the main intakes have the wrong number of plates, as far as I remember. Next, some hydraulic arms for the main gear bay doors are missing (maybe not from all kits, but definitely from the earlier releases like the J-11B, etc.). I think there is more errors, but I can't recall them right now. Long story short, for a more accurate Su-27, buy Zvezda kits tooled 2014 and later...

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much, guys!

The Su-27UB fin had a 425mm plug at its base - making it taller than the single seater....

From the drawings it seems there are also different panel lines on them.

For more info on Flanker Fins check out my webpage..

That`s a very useful guide! Thank you!

You don`t happen to have one with the different cockpits too, do you?