The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill (actually, it’s an Airfix Control Tower, not a Bungalow!)

• 4 months later...

The interior detail is great - love it!

I finally got around to putting handrails around my 1/48 tower and steps up the sides.  The handrails are massively over scale but should survive for a while. Mine has a Cold War tower top, but it’s removable so I could do a greenhouse for that WW2 look.  Couple of leds to bring it alive

r9nWfeQ.jpg

• Like 4

Okies, you’ve shamed me on my own thread😞

I’ve actually done a bit more to mine, and will be able to post after Christmas. I could trot out a load of excuses but actually, I lost my enthusiasm for building anything.

I did a “short term” 1/144 display and wanted a Mosquito to go on it (no reason - I just like Mossies) so I obtained one and started building. I should have searched on BM before I started. What a dog of a kit. I am a relative beginner (even though I’m over 70) and I had nowhere near enough skill to make that little beggar. It now languishes, badly made and incomplete, on my work bench, a sad reminder of my lack of experience and ability.

it put me right off, I can tell you. On the one hand, I want to move on and finish stuff and/or start new things. On the other hand, it sits there, mocking me. What I should do is put it in the recycling bin and move on. I’m just about there. How can a little bit of plastic do this to me, a man who faced the Russian hordes on the North German moors with nary a thought of failure? Go figure.

New Year, new beginning, starting with finishing the Control Tower dio.

Merry Christmas, one and all and may 🎅 bring all that you want.

Bill

P.S. It was/is a Mark 1 1/144 scale Mosquito. I’m sure that in expert hands it will make a delightful little addition but they aren’t MY hands.

I think it was your thread that got me to dig out my never completed hand rails!  Anyway working on it was a distraction from my vacform build that has been going since July & seems to have no end in sight yet.

Merry Christmas to you & yours too