Ta Da! Back after a 40 year break

Been said before and I'll say it again; great build and that prop looks fantastic it this scale. Any tricks/pointers you'd care to share on how you did it? 😀

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Luka said:

Been said before and I'll say it again; great build and that prop looks fantastic it this scale. Any tricks/pointers you'd care to share on how you did it? 😀

Thanks Luka

Starting with a good kit certainly helps and this one is a cracker 😁

Pretty much picked up all the usual tips for building from forums like this.

Like most of us I'm a bit obsessive about some things so whilst I wanted to get things finished I tried not to rush and because everything was new to me on the painting/decaling side of things. I some time testing all the paints/varnishes on a test wing first to make sure there wouldn't be any horrible moments waiting for me. I also bought 4 different types of monofilament before I found one I felt looked nearly scale (it's 1.1lb carp fishing line) Since I'm building these things to please myself I mixed colours that I thought looked right to my eye rather than buy the latest 'correct' colour. A good magnifier is an absolute must 😉

Mainly what I tried to do was enjoy the whole thing (even when the bit of etch pinged off into the distance or I dropped the model on the floor when I was building it - yep I did that. I even melted the rudder with a soldering iron when I was trying to get the rigging a bit tighter) 😬😅

Paul

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaddyO said:

Thanks Luka

Starting with a good kit certainly helps and this one is a cracker 😁

Pretty much picked up all the usual tips for building from forums like this.

Like most of us I'm a bit obsessive about some things so whilst I wanted to get things finished I tried not to rush and because everything was new to me on the painting/decaling side of things. I some time testing all the paints/varnishes on a test wing first to make sure there wouldn't be any horrible moments waiting for me. I also bought 4 different types of monofilament before I found one I felt looked nearly scale (it's 1.1lb carp fishing line) Since I'm building these things to please myself I mixed colours that I thought looked right to my eye rather than buy the latest 'correct' colour. A good magnifier is an absolute must 😉

Mainly what I tried to do was enjoy the whole thing (even when the bit of etch pinged off into the distance or I dropped the model on the floor when I was building it - yep I did that. I even melted the rudder with a soldering iron when I was trying to get the rigging a bit tighter) 😬😅

Paul

I got the 1/72 Revell kit (the 2003 release, not the one from the mid-60s). A fine kit, although I did cut some corners with the wiring, using mostly stretched sprue except for 2 wires.
I finished the prop quickly for a GB deadline, but am not satisfied with it, hence my question. 

• Like 1