Academy 1/72 F-8E Crusader "The Hunters"

On 6/19/2021 at 2:17 PM, TheRealMrEd said:

Since this hasn't been updated in a while, I thought that I would mention that there are some other detail issues with dropping the wing flaps, etc. on the Academy F-8 series.  For those interested, a like to my F-8C Build

will help some in that area.  While some of that thread is concerned with the model conversion, or items related to the Academy F-8, in general, are noted.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Wow, I completely forgot about this build. I ended up trashing it. I did finish it in the end but the gear bay was not set straight and caused the model to lean significantly to one side. I tried modifing the landing gear to compensate but it didn't work out quite right. That and a few other decal/small piece mishaps I just decided to toss it.

The end result of the flaps modification though worked out really really well. So this thread should at least serve as a good reference for that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi Fox_Two, I also ran into a few problems with the gear bay, the launch bridle hook area, and I was amazed that you seemed to get away with adding the upper main gear door actuating arms, without them breaking off.  On my second build, I left them off until the end!

Ed

13 hours ago, Fox_Two said:

So this thread should at least serve as a good reference for that.

It does. Thanks. Sorry to hear it didn't make it over the line though!