Jaguar Gr.1 Gulf War 1/72 'Sadman'

Hi folks,

A model I finished a short while ago. I am still quite new to model building, having done many years of miniature painting previously. 

A few notes on this one. 

- This is my fifth build and first Italeri kit. This will be the last time I buy a kit without reading a review. A lot of the pieces were ill-fitting and required a lot of sanding and filling. I would say compared to the other kits I have built (a Hasegawa, a Revell and 2 Airfixes) this was the most difficult and very nearly took a maiden flight directly into the bin! 🙂

- I went a bit overboard with weathering and dirt in part to cover up some of my attempts at correction. A misfiring airbrush then splattered Tamiya smoke in thick quantity - upon trying to wipe it off I actually quite liked the effect and so discovered it by accident (although I'm not sure any Jaguar in service ever looked like it had such a had life! 🙂 )

- Am not sure about the final colour - I had followed some advice I read online and used Mr Color 313 Yellow, but don't think this quite matches photos I have seen of the aircraft. 

- I still think the Jaguar is a lovely looking aircraft, and now that it is displayed on the wall was definitely a learning exercise! 

Any comments very welcome! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 22

Nice work! Those Jags weathered quite a lot in the desert, I don't think you went overboard.

One annoying bit is that Italeri provides you with a black serial, when those on the real thing were white. Always sticks out like a sore thumb.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Fantastic work, I love the weathering, they did get very dirty over time! Yeah the italeri jag is a bit of a sod, personally I think the Hasegawa is the best, could do with a new build from Airfix ;)

• Like 1

In the end, it still looks like a Jaguar so that's a winner in my book.  Sometimes the biggest reward in putting together a rough kit is just being able to finish the job. It may not be your favorite kit

once it is finished but people who know what that kit is like can appreciate your end result.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Todders said:

In the end, it still looks like a Jaguar so that's a winner in my book.  Sometimes the biggest reward in putting together a rough kit is just being able to finish the job. It may not be your favorite kit

once it is finished but people who know what that kit is like can appreciate your end result.  

Agree wholeheartedly!