Вы собираетесь вытащить эти пистолеты или свисток Дикси Vy sobirayetes' vytashchit' eti pistolety ili svistok Diksi - Anigrand 1/72 Mig-31 Firefox

This was my surprise present form my son last Christmas. 

Never having made a resin kit before the very thought of it terrified me because it was a present and if I made a mess of it I wasn't just disappointing myself.

So, after doing some interneting to get hints, tips and help I stuck my courage to the sticking place two weeks ago and decided to get on with it.

No real problems with the build, a fair bit of filler and sanding especially on the bits that had shrunk. The only real problem was that the canopy didn't fit at all. Some hot water later a reasonable fit was managed. (More of this later).

Painted with Vallejo Model Air AMT-12

Tamiya Nato Black Acrylic

Humbrol Arrow Red Enamel

Finished with W&N Satin Varnish.

The decals, all six of them, went down with no problems then but when I unmasked the canopy it had gone completely cloudy. Must have reacted with the CA I suppose.

I tried to tint it by hand but the damage was still visible, so Nato Black coating with a glossy coat to try and give it the impression of a canopy.

Anyway enough waffle and on with the pictures.

n3dZWxf.jpg

W8opff1.jpg

nWbnP7K.jpg

lDFP8cA.jpg

jv2xP3C.jpg

YR5UPPw.jpg

MOOODzo.jpg

TUXgTFe.jpg

All in all I'm quite pleased and it looks very sinister in the cabinet.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 16

I remember reading the Craig Thomas book many years ago and thinking that it would make a good film.  A few weeks later I found that a film was due to be released.  For a 1982 film it was a very futuristic looking bird and your modelling makes it look as sinister as it did in the film.  The black canopy only adds to the sinister feel.  Nicely done.

Graeme

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dbay133 said:

I remember reading the Craig Thomas book many years ago and thinking that it would make a good film.  A few weeks later I found that a film was due to be released.  For a 1982 film it was a very futuristic looking bird and your modelling makes it look as sinister as it did in the film.  The black canopy only adds to the sinister feel.  Nicely done.

Graeme

Hi There,

I read the book at work and looked forward to the film which apart from the plane was a bit of a disappointment, loved the plane though.

Many thanks for you kind comments.

Cheers,

Alistair