Eurofighter 1/48

Wayne87

Here’s a few images of where I’m at at the moment. Taking a while!

eduard cockpit fitted and about to enter the spray booth.

One huge mistake is the canopy!! Decided to use super glue ridiculously thinly across the bottom of the canopy sticking to the fuselage. Seemed ok until I peeled the canopy mask off! It’s clouded like crazy! Even though I didn’t actually touch the glue on it.

Anyone know if replacement parts are available? Or maybe something I can use to tint the glass? I’ve seen some eurofighters with tinted canopy’s.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

can you open the canopy?

sometimes the fogging can be removed/ polished , I used Q-tips , maybe add some WD-40 , maybe it can be cleaned from the inside that way. of course only if th plastic was not really affected....

• Like 1

Great save on the canopy ... done something similar on a build a few years ago ie had some residual glue on my hands and accidentally touched the clear part. As it was a discontinued kit, I couldn't get a spare part from the manufacturer and no one would ( quite rightly ) have a spare !!

I could only do what you have done, polish it out. Its horrendous at first but a nice feeling when accomplished 👍

Well done 👏👏

• Like 1

Thanks!

Yeah I was gutted, especially as I’ve been waiting to build this aircraft since I saw it display at duxford a couple of years ago. Getting another canopy from revell seems impossible online. 
Only small downside is one side of the canopy cracked whilst trying to get it off. Isn’t overly obvious but still there.

• Like 1

Hey Wayne,

I've just been trying to have a look at your Tiffie, and noticed the pics were loading really slowly.  I checked, and the first one is 2.2mb, which is HUGE for a pic.  You might want to re-save them after optimising them for the web.  Try to make them around 200kb or less, so they load almost instantly :) Otherwise people may get a bit brassed off waiting to see  them and move onto the next topic.  If your use of your photo hosts is limited, it'll burn through it a lot quicker.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hey Wayne,

I've just been trying to have a look at your Tiffie, and noticed the pics were loading really slowly.  I checked, and the first one is 2.2mb, which is HUGE for a pic.  You might want to re-save them after optimising them for the web.  Try to make them around 200kb or less, so they load almost instantly :) Otherwise people may get a bit brassed off waiting to see  them and move onto the next topic.  If your use of your photo hosts is limited, it'll burn through it a lot quicker.

Arh okay, I’ll scale them right down on imgbox next time.