This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Hutch

Halcyon Aliens APC wheels

I have a couple of these 'somewhere' in the stash and my son has offered to 3D print some 'accurate' wheels for me. He's already produced a 'more than basic' stl file for them (he works as a CGI designer/artist) but is there anyone out there able to measure the kit parts accurately for me?  I'm looking for diameter, depth and any other significant dimensions.

Many thanks in advance

Hutch  

Hi Hutch,

I've recently dismantled the Halcyon APC I built back when it was first released with the intention of restoring it (eventually). As a result I can take any measurements you need.

I'll list the main ones below, along with a reference photo, but let me know if you need any other specific measurements.

48636852572_a10d50e7cf_h.jpg

The tread blocks are 6.5mm x 3mm x 0.5mm (L,W,D)

The gap between them is approx. 2mm

The raised line that forms the rim and inner ring is approx 0.5mm wide

Hope that's helpful

Andy:cat:

Andy, that is just perfect.  Thank you so much.  My lad has got the tread matching the ones in the film (the kit tread was a little off.....) but this will certainly help get the rest matching the kit.  He will be able to work from these photos....

Hutch 🙂