As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
speedy

Nimrod Rise and Fall - any good?

Would you describe the book as reference or a good read. I’m thinking about picking up an Airfix kit and doing an R1.

Steve.

I have deep fondness for Nimrods and was lucky enough to grow up around them, but personally I found this book to be a huge disappointment as either a good read or reference source.

It might have been the copy I had borrowed, but many of the images seemed to be low-rez internet grabs.

Books are a bit of  personal taste thing though, so maybe borrow a copy if you can find it.

If you are looking for resource, I would trawl the internet for images, and there is the preserved R.1 at Cosford for interior reference.

Thanks James you’ve answered my question. I’ll move on to the next thought🤔

Steve.

This book isn’t too bad. Lots of quality photos and artwork. 

The Nimrod: Mighty Hunter Andy Evans

Hi Steve,

I found the book quite an enjoyable read, plenty of  photos, but like most books of this type it's writen from the aircrew prospective!