Airbrush to buy?

allyby

I'm seriously thinking of buying an airbrush and compressor as I've only used the hairy stick in the past, looking for something not too expensive and came up with these two for a choice of just the airbrush at the moment, the compressor will have to wait a few weeks yet until I have the funds.

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?products_id=22182

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?cPath=400_403_1_146&products_id=22154

Would one off these be an ideal starter airbrush for use with enamels of acrylics on Aircraft between 1/48th scale and 1/24th scale?

Probably use it on just the odd 1/72 as my hands and eyesight not as good as they were.

Hi there,

I have the Sparmax Max 3 and admittedly mainly use it for priming, clear coating and large area coverage. I can't complain about it's performance as it can lay down good coats of Ultimate Primer (Stynylrez) with absolutely no problems but I have also managed to do some mottling on 1/72 using the preset feature.  For me it's a good all rounder. Tend to use my H&S for more detail work though.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

The Max 3 wouldn't be my first choice for large aircraft., although it is a good brush.

If you are looking at Sparmax, I would consider the GP-35  (  GP-35 Airbrush  )  It is a trigger airbrush rather than a traditional double action. 

More of a natural grip than holding a double action airbrush. And a lot less of a leaning curve.

You pull the trigger back until you feel resistance, this has opened the air valve, pull it back further for paint. The more you pull the trigger back the more the paint flows.  

Great for area work and can be stopped down with the preset handle for detail work.  

Paul

• Like 2