1/48 - Aérospatiale/Westland Gazelle by AMP - SA.341/HT.2 released

Homebee

Such general arrangement drawings are most likely not 'scale' accurate. They should give one a general idea about the main dimensions but are not intended as scale drawings in the sense we modelers use them. 

As @dragonlanceHR said, such overviews in manuals are rarely usable for accurate shapes as this isn't their purpose (only exception may be newer aircraft types where such overviews are created directly from the CAD data).

Cheers

Markus

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really take much notice of these so-called 'accurate drawings' since on too many occasions they have proven to be wrong. Many years ago Revell were castigated for the inaccuracy of their Hawk kit against 'accurate drawings'. The problem was Revell produced the kit against the original manufacturers drawings (I know because I was involved in the process of delivering the drawings to Revell from H-S) and no-one had bothered to check with them before mouthing off about 'accuracy'. I am one of those 'if it looks right, it probably is right' category of modellers and for my money the AMP kit that I have in front of me is the best so far by a country mile.

• Like 6