Kitty Hawk spares?

BlackBart

Evening all,

Does anybody know if it's possible to get hold of any spares from Kitty Hawk Models?

I was thinking of starting my F-101 Voodoo but have just found that the canopy is cracked :poop:

Any help greatly appreciated,

All the best,

BlackBart

5 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I wish there was an aftermarket canopy. The kit item is the wrong shape.

That would be good.

I am aware that there are some problems with the kit but it is all we have.

Have you built one?

Just now, BlackBart said:

That would be good.

I am aware that there are some problems with the kit but it is all we have.

Have you built one?

Not yet. I have 4 in the stash. I will correct the intakes, and I have emailed Squadron today about producing canopies. Just waiting for a reply.

It annoys me that KH were told of the problems at the CAD stage, but went ahead anyway. Even more irritating are aftermarket companies that produce the usual un-needed parts, but don't make the obvious corrections.

17 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Not yet. I have 4 in the stash. I will correct the intakes, and I have emailed Squadron today about producing canopies. Just waiting for a reply.

It annoys me that KH were told of the problems at the CAD stage, but went ahead anyway. Even more irritating are aftermarket companies that produce the usual un-needed parts, but don't make the obvious corrections.

Yeah, it's a pain. Hope Squadron can come up with goods, let me know how you get on.

How is your knowlege on the F-101's from Bentwaters, I am looking for info on one that crashed near where I live.

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Is that the one where the engines are still on the mountainside?

Yeah, there are a few bits and pieces still up there. My dad was in the Kinloss mountain rescue team at the time and involved with the search for it and that was when he met my mother. As it's their 50th wedding anniversary this year I thought it would be nice to model this aircraft.

OK. F-101C 56-0013 92nd TFS "Blue Streaks" Crashed 7th.May 1964 Pilot: Capt. Maurice H Reed killed. One of 3 aircraft on low level navex. Flew into high ground on Maol Odhar, Kinlochleven.

a/c would have been NMF with 3 colour fin in Wing markings blue/yellow/red showing 60013 as the BuNo on the fin and FB-013 as the Buzz number.

Here's an early shot, in 78 TFS markings. Fin stripes would be red and Bushmasters badge on fin:

air-30_zps7jxdtris.jpg

Later shot in 92nd markings:

56-013_zpsonxj9bfi.jpg

60014 in the final scheme. It would be reasonable to assume 60013 was in this scheme at the time of the crash.

air-07_zpsdcqmgxu2.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

OK. F-101C 56-0013 92nd TFS "Blue Streaks" Crashed 7th.May 1964 Pilot: Capt. Maurice H Reed killed. One of 3 aircraft on low level navex. Flew into high ground on Maol Odhar, Kinlochleven.

a/c would have been NMF with 3 colour fin in Wing markings blue/yellow/red showing 60013 as the BuNo on the fin and FB-013 as the Buzz number.

Here's an early shot, in 78 TFS markings. Fin stripes would be red and Bushmasters badge on fin:

air-30_zps7jxdtris.jpg

Later shot in 92nd markings:

56-013_zpsonxj9bfi.jpg

60014 in the final scheme. It would be reasonable to assume 60013 was in this scheme at the time of the crash.

air-07_zpsdcqmgxu2.jpg

Nice pictures, I've not seen shots of 013 herself before. She's a fine looking beast.

Good to know what colours she was wearing when she met her fate.

Hey Bart,

Just try it via their e-mail on the site, it can take a wile before they respond but (i had to wait for a year haha for wich they apologised) they did and i could get a spare texan canopy .

I only had to pay 5 dollar for shipping.

All the best,

Jan

I have contacted ghi models, who now hold the moulds for the original C&H Voodoo conversion ( I have one) to see if he will do a batch of canopies. Fingers crossed.

I will test fit the C&H canopy to the KH kit and see how close it is.