The Last Ship USS Nathan James DDG 151

Good news on series 5, would be nice if there was a little more ship on screen though. 

Glad to hear both you and Nathan will be at Telford, I'll keep an eye out for you and be sure to say hello! :tease:

• Like 1

Thanks Gents. Appreciate the kind comments.

I never did understand why ships are normally referred to as "she" but a lot have male names like Nathan James

Jockster, would love to see you in Telford. Nathan is there for the weekend but I'm only there on Saturday. Will be doing a few stints on our table between visiting the kit-swap and traders and viewing all that there is to be viewed. Can't wait! :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful model and great build thread. Nice one.

Just needs a 1/350 Rhona Mitra figure throwing biological waste bags overboard. :)

A big fan of the show myself and I’ll be referring back to this build when I pluck up the courage to do a 1/700 version from the Hobbyboss Forest Sherman kit.

Mart

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mart & Andy.

Next ship will be HMS Westminster, type 23 frigate. Got the Trumpeter kit in the kit swap at Telford for a ridiculously low price. Found it also had a White Ensigns replacement main gun in the box. And ordered the Atlantic Models PE set for her. Construction should start over the holidays....