1/32 Late Spitfire decals

Biggu

Good day Chaps... I am on the hunt for a good set of 1/32 scale upper and lower wing ( fuselage as well )British roundels for my Tamiya Spitfire Mk XVI kit. The Tamiya ones are way too thick, so I am looking for a good source of available C and C1 Roundels, as I am wanting to make a very late model Mk XVI. I have found what seems to be a plethora of 1/72 and 1/48 scale but it seems not so much for 1/32...... if anyone has a suggestion I may follow up on, I'd sure be appreciative....... I have been lurking in the darkness here and watching many great builds, you guys are most inspiring.....

cheers for now

Jeff

Hey Don149, , I will do that again in case i missed it, but it seems that all I can see ( with my 4 eyes at that) is 1/48 scale.. thanks I will check again, I must be more vigilant...

cheers

Jeff

I must confess, I am a little ................ no.... a LOT nervous to try those masks, I'm not sure I have the talent required for that task, and I'm afraid to screw up a decent paint job..... do I sound like a sissy or not?? LOL

Jeff

The thing about pre-cut masks is they eliminate the need for talent. Mind you, if you're nervous you could always paint the roundel (using masks, which for circular roundels you can make yourself in no time using a compass cutter) onto discs of white decal film and then apply like any other decal.

Edited by Work In Progress

Life-like do a set of decals for the XVI in 1/32.i haven't tried them so I can't say how well they work.

As Work In Progress said, painted on roundels using masks look much better in this scale. I did a bit of a tutorial on how to use masks in my build thread on MH434.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=61342&page=6

It's starts about halfway down the page. Hopefully that will show you that it's not that hard.

Hope that helps.

Edit: here's a link to the decals

http://hlj.com/product/LFL32-011J/Air

Carl

Edited by FG2Si

Thanks Carl, I will check all your thoughts out, this is exactly why I asked , so much talent and good information here on this site.... you guys rock !

Cheers

Jeff