Revell 1/32 Mosquito Mk.IV

John.R

Hello,

My first delving into the 1/32 kit range by any manufacturer, and it just so happens to be a kit I've been after for quite a while now:

Box shots for the time being as I've just been and primed it in Ocean Grey ready for the start of this GB:

23985399461_899827333d_b.jpg1 Revell Mosquito by John Rooney, on Flickr
24041891276_fb32ab64e5_b.jpg2 Revell Mosquito by John Rooney, on Flickr
23700167409_52a3271602_b.jpg3 Revell Mosquito by John Rooney, on Flickr
23985398551_9c03e21343_b.jpg5 Revell Mosquito by John Rooney, on Flickr
23439766154_b071aba175_b.jpg6 Revell Mosquito by John Rooney, on Flickr
24041889966_6d5cfa42ed_b.jpg7 Revell Mosquito by John Rooney, on Flickr
23985397921_b386bfabac_b.jpg8 Revell Mosquito by John Rooney, on Flickr

Hopefully I'll be finishing it in the scheme of A-GB DZ360 from 105 Squadron.

• Like 2

Welcome to the GB and a larger scale John. This looks to be a simple kit for its size. Are you going Straight Out of The Box or adding anything into the mix?

• Like 1

Welcome to the GB and a larger scale John. This looks to be a simple kit for its size. Are you going Straight Out of The Box or adding anything into the mix?

Hi Col,

As far as I'm aware the only aftermarket part for the kit from scouring ebay etc are the Quickboost Exhausts, although on Hannants they do have the Canopy masks which I'm ordering on Wednesday for this kit.

I think I'll be going entirely Straight Out The Box though, unless and its a big if I can get three small transparent parts and convert it into a 1/32 PR Mk.IV

• Like 1

Hi Col,

As far as I'm aware the only aftermarket part for the kit from scouring ebay etc are the Quickboost Exhausts, although on Hannants they do have the Canopy masks which I'm ordering on Wednesday for this kit.

I think I'll be going entirely Straight Out The Box though, unless and its a big if I can get three small transparent parts and convert it into a 1/32 PR Mk.IV

The PR.IV in PRU Blue has to, in my mind at least, be the nicest incarnation of the Mosquito. Good luck with it which ever version you choose to model.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Slight bump:

Although I haven't any photo's for this update, I've assembled the Merlin and given it a coat of Vallejo black, which if I'm going to be doing it Wheels down then it'll be featured with the panel off and vice versa for in flight.

The Pilots are I'd say 50% painted with only the minor details to finish, and the cockpit is I'd say 35% completed with the Panel & Paint work finished.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some photo's tonight of the work so far but due to the work I'm currently doing its become a very slow process.

Thanks for watching

John.

• Like 1