Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4J Skyhawk Aggressor

It's done, finally. A very frustrating build that took over a year with it being put aside on a number of occasions. The fit is ok but you need to be careful in some areas, most notably the nose section and the aft fuselage section. The worst thing was the damn slat rails, which were broken off on numerous occasions, very poor design there Hasegawa. Back to a prop next I reckon, and an easy one at that hopefully.

Kit: Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4J
Decals: Fightertown Decals
Seats: True Details
Paints: Gunze (of course!)
Weathering: Heavily weathered with pastels of various shades along with preshading of panel lines and paint fading. These aircraft were dirty in service in the pics I had so I reckon the weathering was therefore warranted.

224_zps7830ed1f.jpg

226_zpsdd1cf8e7.jpg

230_zpsb7cde073.jpg

233_zps9cfa9ac4.jpg

235_zps8a68f370.jpg

238_zps2f7050b1.jpg

241_zps9829ef30.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 7

Hi there

really good stuff here. Congratulations for it!!!

Two questions (from a tank guy :-)

Where do you get Gunze paints here in the UK

Do you have any photo of the pre-shading phase? I think it is an "plane technic" taht we could apply to tanks....

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Nacho

Edited by nacho bailon

Hi there

really good stuff here. Congratulations for it!!!

Two questions (from a tank guy :-)

Where do you get Gunze paints here in the UK

Do you have any photo of the pre-shading phase? I think it is an "plane technic" taht we could apply to tanks....

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Nacho

Nacho,

Thanks for the feedback.

The pre-shading I am talking about is spraying black over the panel lines before putting the main colours down. This means that you get, particularly with lighter colours, the feeling of darkness over the pnale lines as you would on the real thing.

As for Gunze paints, I'm in Oz, so no idea on where in the UK you could source them.