Mosquito FB Mk.VI, 1/72 Tamiya, FINISHED (yea, lets call it that.. :/ )

Thanks a lot Jorgen for your nice words :) I m actualy happy with the building phase (even though there are milions of modellers who would do it way better ofcourse), but as i said, i screwed the finish.. but..

now back to Adrian - Adrian, you are my hero! :) If i was going to have son soon, i would name him after you!!! :D I tried the sandpaper and it worked like charm. And thanks to all the layers of protective klear stuff, the paint got untouched! There are still some glossy trails, but i was able to take off the dark paint and now it looks way way better (at least from my view), so realy big thanks to you Adrian for your tip :)

I ll give the wings some layer of satin again and then go over the now so much smaller leaks with gloss varnish by brush, to separate it again. But not tonight, its too late for airbrushing tonight :)
Anyway, here is the wing how it looks now

Fotografie_0001.jpg

To me its much much better, hope you ll agree guys :)

• Like 3

I haven't commented on the finished item yet but I would like to add that seeing the work in progress, the layers of detail and weathering and the finished result confirms that this is the best mossie I've seen in any scale. At 1/72 it's a work of art. The photos outdoors really show the lovely paint job and what a skilled and patient modeller you are. Be proud of it!

• Like 1

Thanks Jherek, you are realy too kind :) Honestly realy too much :D My skills and patience are still far and far behind other peoples all around here. I dont want to call names, because i would for sure forget someone. But here are so many better builds around, including yours, i have still a lot to learn :)

Actualy i m thinking about next project (i know this is sort of offtopic here, but this thread ll be dead in few days anyway :) ), the work name for now is "war thunder beasts" and the idea is to make kits of my favourite planes from War Thunder online game (its sort of ww2 dogfight/simulator), best if in the marking im using there too (so it might be a bit of whif, because they are often ignoring versions and using like P-40B - P-40N camo all on the same P-40E airframe :) ). So at this moment i m deciding between Clostermann´s Tempest, P-40 Wairarapa cats, Bf 109F-4 JG54 winter camo.. :)

• Like 1

With regards what you're thinking of making next I was wondering what, if anything, you've got planned for the D-Day 70th Anniversary Group Build?

• Like 1

yeee, i got kinda problems there.. :) what i was planning:

- harrier GB - airfix sea harrier FA 2 and FRS 1
- Korea GB - Bell Sioux chopper (and wanted also mig-15 eduard and F-80 HBB)

- D-Day GB - Swordfish, Typhoon, Hurricane.

I would need to build all these straight from box aaand i know it might happen with the two Shars (as i have one with cockpit completed so rest should be somehow quick), but not sure what the other builds.. I have sooo much "want to do" feeling for P-40 right now (as the two i wanted to make for trainers gb ended up in the shelf.. :( ), sadly it doesnt fit into any of these subs.. also i got some kit worlds pin up decals in sale .. so its hard to chose what to do :))

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot speedman :) You have obviously some problems with keyboard, it keeps repeating the same word... :) I m happy you and other ppl around like the mossie even with its errors and mistakes :)