Gordon Fullerton RIP

GordonD

This was completely ignored by the media but I've just discovered it in the new issue of Spaceflight (the BIS magazine).

Former astronaut Gordon Fullerton died on 21 August aged 76, from complications following a stroke in 2009. He flew two space missions - STS-3 in 1982 and STS-51F/Spacelab 2 in 1985, amassing a total of 15 days 22 hours in orbit. However he was also Pilot on two of the five ALT flights in 1977, when the orbiter Enterprise was dropped from the 747 carrier aircraft for Approach and Landing tests.

He was selected as an astronaut in September 1966 as part of the US Air Force's Manned Orbital Laboratory Group 2 intake, and moved to NASA as part of their Group 7 in August 1969 following MOL's cancellation.

He also logged 16,000 hours in 135 different aircraft.

• Like 2

Hi gordon, like is only a tool as well you know?sometimes there are things you just cannot reply too?i liked the fact you found time to mention it,i like the fact you posted it and commented.

i like the fact that you noticed the normal media failed as usual,to mention something of note?,nothing else to say really,without looking,its not someone who springs to mind,but thats everyones fault,?

nothing else to say really,apart from a reply,will just put the original message off the top,so possibly not read,not meant to offend you Gordon,or Gordon

Don

it also explains why the name did,nt ring a bell straight away,as gordon is his middle name

Same with Leroy Gordon Cooper of MA-9 and Gemini V.

You can see why they ditched their first names and used a noble name instead...