good news b777

pperkins

been on minicraft site they have got there b777-200 out in united airlines/continental Merger with multible engine options#14685

i know that the nose is wrong shape but now it wont be so hard to find a kit to make one

Edited by pperkins

It's only partially good news, it's still the Minicraft kit!

The REALLY good news would be that they're releasing it now, cos there's a Zvezda version in the offing for 2014 release! :pray:

Al

its 2013 there will 99% chance of a boeing 777-300 kit i was told by zvezda

Wonderful news!!! I really hope it is a -300, will be much easier to shrunk it to -200.

I really hope they make $$$ with their 1:144 airliner series (though I am not so sure about that), so we can count on a new release every year.

You guys made my day :kissing2:!

Cheers, Steven

it would be nice....and as was said above, a -300, with cut marks inside to show where to shorten it to make a -200

engine options included

etc etc

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

I'm basically new to the "world of model kits". The thing is that, after having built an A380, I'm now looking for a model of the B777 and after some research, I've found out that, as you expose in this topic, there are no actually good kits for this model.

Thus, I wonder if any of you may know if that Zvedza 777 will be released during the year, as some of you seem to have good sources of info :)

Thank you!

I do not understand why they are so expensive, given how poorly tooled are some areas of the kit. However, from the photos I saw, it looks like EE are the first in 1:144 to have tooled something that looks like a proper kink in the top of the front section. So the front section outline (side view) looks quite good to me but, okay, I never saw the kit in flesh, I am actually interested in buying one.

I have both Welsh and Doyusha kits at home, from these two I still prefer the Japanese one, its front section outline (per side view) is still not perfect because the kink is not much visible and the whole cockpit area and radome are located about 2mm too high. But the outline per top view is quite good as it translate from the constant diameter section to the cockpit area quite steeply just like on the real one. The same area on the Welsh kit translates in more gentle curves in both side and top views, giving it a bloated look. I am working with Boeing station diagrams and it is surprising how 2 or 3mm in the wrong place can be that visible ;-).

Then we have the Hasegawa kit which has imho the best 777 front section but too bad it is not the same scale.

Still counting on Zvezda releasing that beast, it looks like 2013 is pretty locked up with delights such as A320, Il-62 and Il-76. Perhaps 2014?

PS: just in case someone is interested in selling his EE 777-300 kit, I would be interested, if it is in new condition.