Sea King HAR.5

Ale85

Hi guys, yesterday i bought the Hasegawa's box for the yellow sea king in RAF SAR version, but i wont to convert it in a HAR.5 Royal Navy Sea King to make a grey and red beast... something like this:

seaking.jpg

the best problem is the different radome...

which is the best conversion for the HAr.5?

Can i use the Flightapth HAr.6 conversion??

thanks in advance

ciao

Ale

Hi Ale85

The Royal Navy converted to Mk6's from the early 90's so you can build the 771 Search and Rescue a/c using the Mk6 set. The only changes from Mk5 to Mk6 was the avionics so refer to referance pictures when selecting an aircraft to model.

You should also be aware that RN Sea Kings now operate with the new Carson Five Blade Tail Rotor and not the Six Blade that was standard when I worked on the aircraft. Again referance being the key.

I know you live in Milano but do you know of any good model shops in Rome? I will be in Frozinonie in a few weeks and may be able to get to Rome on the Saturday.

Good luck with the build.

The Woo.

Hi Ale85

I know you live in Milano but do you know of any good model shops in Rome? I will be in Frozinonie in a few weeks and may be able to get to Rome on the Saturday.

The Woo.

thanks for the answer!

Sadly i don't know any model shop in Rome; but you can take a look to this LINK where you can find some models shops in Rome!!!

ciao

Ale

Hi Ale85

The Royal Navy converted to Mk6's from the early 90's so you can build the 771 Search and Rescue a/c using the Mk6 set. The only changes from Mk5 to Mk6 was the avionics so refer to referance pictures when selecting an aircraft to model.

You should also be aware that RN Sea Kings now operate with the new Carson Five Blade Tail Rotor and not the Six Blade that was standard when I worked on the aircraft. Again referance being the key.

Good luck with the build.

The Woo.

Carson blades are only for Afghan aircraft and are not for the UK and are not used on SAR cabs.

To make a Mk.5 you just need the AEW boxing and a larger radome (ask Dave at flightptath he might supply it on it's own).

Edited by Windy

Carson blades are only for Afghan aircraft and are not for the UK and are not used on SAR cabs.

To make a Mk.5 you just need the AEW boxing and a larger radome (ask Dave at flightptath he might supply it on it's own).

I agree with Windy, Dave at Flightpath is very helpful.